IT Hardware Support Specialist
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
JOIN A TEAM RECOGNIZED FOR LEADERSHIP, INNOVATION AND DIVERSITY
Join Honeywell's One IT team that offers IT support to local employees. You will deliver effective and active service to end users, help them resolve current issues with hardware/software. You will provide up-to-date services and work with IT teams and vendors to provide compliant hardware, infrastructure, network, software support and complex problem resolution in a fast-paced environment. You will identify root causes and handle critical issues, resolve them and guide users through solutions to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
• Deliver accurate and fast solutions to IT issues to help customers (employees) achieve a consistent IT experience in a fast-paced environment
• Asset Management activities and documentation associated with IT Asset Management tools or systems
• Interact with customers, troubleshoot and resolve problems related mainly to hardware, but to software and/or process as well
• Recommend and implement improvements to deliver the best timely solutions and raise IT issues to L2/L3 colleagues
You must have:
• High school diploma, ideally in Information technology
• General knowledge of computer hardware and software
• Good knowledge of Microsoft operating system (Windows 7/10, MS Office)
• Ability to identify and resolve technical problems in a timely manner
• Fluent in English and Czech language
• Previous experience in customer oriented environment
• Experience using help desk call logging system
• Detail oriented, precise approach and ability to work independently
• Deeper knowledge/overview in Hardware (Windows admin, monitors, ports, cables)
• Energetic and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities, support of experienced leaders.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.