Flight Control Engineer Support (Intern)
Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS) dynamically expands its activities in research and development (R&D) centre in Brno, Czech Republic. Established in 2003, this is the largest R&D centre in Europe for Honeywell.
This position is a part of Aerospace group, the world's leading supplier of avionics systems, products and services for commercial and business aircraft as well as for defense and space applications.
Are you passionate about Aerospace?
If you become part of Honeywell, you will join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs.
We relentlessly innovated for more than a century, and we continue to push forward, making it possible to do incredible things. That means helping airplanes take off on time and land safely via connected aviation systems, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way and even being able to breathe on Mars!
Our employees change the way the world works, and that’s why we foster performance, innovation and leadership to improve our world-class talent and promote people internally.
Are you ready to help us shaping the future?
As Flight Control Engineer Support (intern) you will become a meaningful integral part of such an experienced systems team focused on Flight controls system (FCS) development as well as its verification. You will be supporting engineering team working on Comac C919 Flight Controls and/or ARJ21 Flight Controls programs used in various commercial aircraft. Your main responsibility will be support and participation in various verification activities including e.g. creation of testing scenarios on system as well as software levels, simulations, scripting..
Some of your daily tasks will be:
- Participation in Flight controls system and SW validation & verification
- System/SW requirements analysis
- Participation in model based development system design
- Support in systems integration
- Testing on Bench platforms
- Support in project coordination
Who are we looking for?
- A student of the last year of study (Bachelor's or Master's degree) in a technical field (Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering etc.)
- Eager to learn new things and elevate your skills in Aerospace field
- Comfortable working with Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow
- English is a must - able to communicate in the working environment
- Scripting capability
- Self-motivation and initiative to get things done
- Knowledge of the systems development and V&V lifecycle, aerospace standards
- Individual that quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts and provide analytical problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Very interesting work experience in very attractive aerospace domain
- Opportunity to understand very complex mature and safety system flying airplanes above you
- Friendly and open minded environment of diverse and global team
- Opportunity to grow professionally
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.