Software Engineer I
Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, build and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. If you desire an exciting, meaningful opportunity with extraordinary potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
Are you passionate for Aviation and software development?
Then this is job for you! You will become a part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software solutions within Honeywell Aerospace. You will generate and work on innovative solutions which are essential for our customers in the aviation industry. You will use your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You will be encouraged to try different and novel ways how to deal with problems and opportunities.
Our Comunication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) department is expanding the Software engineering team for Traffic&Surveillance product line. On this position you will be part of the team working on research development programs which are dealing with Aircraft Traffic Avoidance and Surveillance technology.
Key areas of responsibilities
• Work on next generation Traffic Collision and Avoidance Systems
• Participate in the project planning phase, provide estimates and report status
• Analyze and decompose customer requirements
• Develop embedded software (C language)
• Code creation/modification (including debugging and troubleshooting)
• Test cases, procedures, and scripts creation/modification
• Tests execution
• Documentation creation
• Development and configuration of the development / automatic test environment setup
• Integration testing
• Actively contributes to the improvement of the existing concepts and identifies new technological opportunities
You are who we are looking for, if you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• Experience with embedded / application software development and design / test automation
• Good knowledge of C and C++
• Excellent command of English language
• Drive, open mind and willingness to learn new things
• Knowledge of modern software development practices is a plus
• Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python) is a plus
• Knowledge of software configuration management tools (e.g. ClearCase, SVN, Git) is a plus
• Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS) is a plus
• Knowledge of change management tools (e.g. ClearQuest) is a plus
• Strong organizational skills and analytical ability
• Extremely reliable, trustworthy, with highest ethical standards
• Excellent communications skills
• Aerospace enthusiasts
• Dynamic and creative international work environment
• Competitive salary
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages
• Expert leaders to support your professional development
If you believe this is the right path for you, then we'd love to hear from you.
THE FUTURE IS WHAT WE MAKE IT