Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Use your advanced knowledge of manufacturing engineering fundamentals to help Honeywell Aerospace deliver innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. The Supplier Development Engineer (SDE) will work under general supervision and along the side of some of the world's most talented engineers. The SDE position will work in a team environment as a key technical resource for the Global Sourcing and Aero Manufacturing Engineering organization to develop new supply sources and to improve existing supplier capabilities. Responsibilities will include cross-functional program management to qualify new suppliers, develop new suppliers, increase capacity, support systemic supplier improvement, and assessing suppliers to ensure process conformance. The SDE must have in-depth technical expertise, manufacturing engineering experience, and have comprehensive experience with problem-solving tools.
The position directly reports to the Supplier Development Engineering Manager and must be located or willing to relocate to one of the major Honeywell Aerospace hub locations.
Interface with Global Sourcing teams to prioritize supplier development needs by commodity to improve cost competitiveness or supply constraints.
• Research external market information and entrepreneurial companies to identify potential sources and suppliers.
• Drive supplier selection through robust qualification processes.
• Assess new and existing supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfillment.
• Drive improvements utilizing Lean methodologies, supplier scorecards and supplier assessments.
• Ensure supplier compliance while driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver performance.
• Track the supplier’s performance indicators, based on their scorecards and rankings, to facilitate and develop the supply base’s ability to consistently meet or exceed defined expectations.
• Develop positive relationships and work closely with Global Sourcing leaders to manage, implement and track supplier/engineering, design changes, capacity studies and New Product Introductions (NPI), and transitions.
• Provide technical expertise and leadership to sourcing and development of suppliers with respect to capabilities, performance, quality, cost, and delivery.
• Assist with new product launch by working with suppliers to ensure that key milestones are achieved.
BA/BS in Engineering, Industrial Manufacturing, or Materials Management.
• 5+ years of experience in aerospace manufacturing engineering and Integrated Supply Chain with experience in mechanical or electromechanical products.
Product knowledge in mechanical/electrical components.
• Ability to read engineering mechanical drawings and assess for manufacturing capabilities.
• Knowledge of castings, machining and electronics processes is very beneficial.
• Excellent computer skills with Excel, Power Point and SAP.
• Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation.
• Solid understanding of manufacturing techniques.
• Proficiency in project management skills with the ability to close initiatives on time.
• Green Belt, DFSS, Black Belt, Lean certification is beneficial.