Software Scientist II
Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, build and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. If you desire an exciting, meaningful opportunity with extraordinary potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
We are currently looking for a new colleague who as a Software Design Engineer II will help us to develop innovative solutions for the Aerospace domain.
Key areas of responsibilities
The Flight Ops and Mission Management team is opening a Software Design Engineer II position for candidates eager to work with a team of scientists on definition and prototyping of new features for on-board and on-ground flight support services. These features are typically related to fuel efficiency, flight optimization and fleet management applications and corresponding Algorithms and Microservices development.
The main contribution of a Software Design Engineer II is expected in the following two areas:
SOFTWARE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT:
• Design and prototype software platforms able to interact with existing systems through standard web services interfaces, e.g. WSDL or REST API.
• Develop software tools for data acquisition, processing and on-site or cloud-based storage.
• In collaboration with a team of scientist design and prototype cutting edge optimization algorithms.
• Design and prototype Graphical User Interfaces to provide interactive control over data processing and visualization processes.
DATA ANALYTICS COMPETENCIES:
• Data cleansing, formatting, transformations, conversions between pixel based and vector based datasets, etc.
• Performing descriptive statistical analytics over large datasets.
• Performing complex predictive analytics.
• Experience with application of state of the art Machine Learning approaches is very welcomed.
• Graphical visualization of large datasets, often including also complex multidimensional, georeferenced, etc. data fields.
What kind of experience and skillset is expected?
• Familiarity with programming languages used in research and development environment: experience with C++ is preferred
• Practical experience with data processing, cleansing, formatting and transformations.
• Familiarity with statistical approaches (e.g. common distribution functions, descriptive analytics, statistical hypothesis testing, etc.).
• Familiarity with basic predictive analytics principles (e.g. time-series analysis).
• Additional experience with state of the art machine learning approaches and neural networks is highly appreciated.
• Ability to use English language for daily written and spoken communication.
• Ability to maintain SW documentation in English language.
• Ability to work full time.
• Dynamic and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development.
We genuinely believe a true potential should not be limited by years of experience, so if you are an enthusiast with interest in software development and machine learning, don't hesitate to apply.
And if you believe this is the right path for you, then we'd love to hear from you.