Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, build and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. If you desire an exciting, meaningful opportunity with extraordinary potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
The Accounting Specialist within the EMEA Center of Technical Accounting (COTA) will report to the Direct Team Leader and have a responsibility for all accounting activities linked with the entity belonging to the COTA team portfolio. The responsibilities will include executing all accounting transactions connected with General Ledger with exception of booking supplier’s invoices, and ensuring that all accounting transactions are performed in accordance with US-GAAP, Honeywell policy and local statutory accounting principles.
• Ensure accuracy of accounting records on SAP inclusive of the sub ledger accounts and General Ledger Balances.
• Ensure all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled monthly
• Ensure all banking and intercompany transactions are posted
• Ensure all accruals and prepayments are booked as required
• Calculation and booking of payroll entries.
• Ensure all pre-close and close operations are completed on time
• Ensure all intercompany invoices are raised as per given deadlines.
• Ensure final closing reports are completed correctly
• Cooperation with colleagues, provide support when required
• Maintain administrative tasks
• Other ad hoc requirements related to general ledger
YOU MUST HAVE
• You have Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience
• You have at least 1 year experience in General Ledger accounting (including debits and credits)
• Analytical skills – business and financial analysis
• Your English Language skills both oral and written are proficient
• Process and Results Orientated
• You are proficient in SAP and Microsoft Office Products - especially EXCEL
• Initiative, positive attitude, self-starter, get-things-done attitude
• German language – advantage (not a must)
• An outstanding opportunity to work for a Fortune 100 Company
• Outstanding career growth path
• Diverse workplace, where collaboration and teamwork are being encouraged and cultivated
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.