Design Engineer - Mechatronics
Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, craft and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. We want you to join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity.
You will be responsible for a variety of tasks that requires the use and application of advanced research methods and tools in order to advance the technical expertise and products of Honeywell Aerospace, at a professional level. Employee fully and independently uses deep technical knowledge to complete projects. This position is responsible for leading the projects with different complexity within the specific technical domain. The candidate is acknowledged as an authority in the field of research and development.
• Participates and designs of electro-mechanical assemblies and parts and preparation of prototype manufacturing documentation according to internal standards & procedures
• Cooperates with the business to creates, evaluates and extends the product lines
• Participates on the preparation of new projects (with internal/external customer, grant projects),
• Prepares and cooperates on plans for the whole project, work packages, and tasks define project breakthroughs and are able to calculate the appropriate project costs
• Defines novel electro-mechanical concepts to overcome conflicting requirements and challenging technical criteria
• Develops and applies methodologies to improve products, technical procedures, and risk minimization. Identifies areas of improvement within existing technical processes.
• Presents final project reports to customers and management. Interacts with the team to anticipate and resolve the project issues and priorities.
• Participates and optimizes selected electro-mechanical concepts to demonstrate the best available performance
• Participates and ensures functionality and manufacturability of final design by engineering analyses & calculations
• Participate on the definition of tests and acceptance test procedures
• Participate on safety & reliability evaluations of electro-mechanical systems
• Provide technical expertise and support to multiple technology development teams
• Participates on business trips.
Skills and requirements:
• CAD system knowledge (Siemens NX welcomed)
• Mechanical / Electro-mechanical systems design experience
• Orientation in electronic schemes
• Technical documentation writing skills
• Knowledge of written and spoken English
• Ability to work and coordinate the team and technology on a system level
We also value:
• Embedded systems knowledge
• C/C++ knowledge
• Orientation in an area of control systems and control methods
• A teammate with the ability to work in a large team
• Effective communication to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences including external
• Self-motivated; ability to work without detailed work direction
• Ability to tackle new and non-standard technical problems
• Ability to work multi-tasks, tenacious and possess excellent problem-solving skills
• Analytical and organizational skills
If you believe this is the perfect role, then we'd love to hear from you, and apply.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce culture.