Senior Offering Manager for Sensebox
Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, craft and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. We want you to join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity.
At Honeywell, we are at the forefront of keeping workers safe through innovative products, software, and services. Our connected safety solutions are at the heart of the IoT transformation. Our purpose in Connected Safety is to enable a smarter, safer industrial workplace. We help customers monitor their teams’ safety in real-time, so workers can avoid high-hazards at work and return home safely. When you join Honeywell, you join a company that is shaping the future. Our Future Shapers work on challenging problems to deliver meaningful solutions for our customers. At Honeywell Industrial Safety our solutions focus on protecting the worker with innovative products and advanced sensor-enabled software solutions that improve safety outcomes.
In this role, you will be responsible for partnering with product leaders, business leaders, technology leaders, and other stakeholders to champion and drive the development of new offerings and the evolution of existing solutions that delight clients and grow our Connected Safety business. The ideal candidate will bring a balanced mix of people leadership skills, strategic thinking skills, diverse communication skills, a software offering management skills, and project execution skills. The individual will not only support existing software solutions, but also be responsible for innovation and growth initiatives. You will partner with the Engineering, Software Development, and Business Leaders to identify and implement process improvements to strengthen our velocity and product lifecycle management. You will also develop and maintain relationships with key clients and GTM teams to better understand their needs and pain points in addition to other competitors in the marketplace.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU:
- Serves as the voice of the customer with a deep understanding of the customer's needs and effectively communicates those to the team
- Owns the roadmap for their offering(s). Continuously reviews, refines and drives prioritization of the roadmap, clearly articulating the vision and strategy to the product and software teams
- Defines the epics that drive the detailed requirements for an assigned offering and grooms the back-log
- Develops and defends the business case for a new product feature or set of features, works with finance to build detailed financial models and uses business/financial acumen to modify as necessary; accountable for successful P&L of business case
- Runs Weekly Business Reviews for their product(s) and monitors product KPIs to ensure success metrics are being met, prioritizes options for improvement or enhancement
- Tracks product team’s velocity and optimizes delivery to ensure the most valuable work is always delivered first
- Champions continuous process improvements within the Product, Software, User Experience, and Engineering teams to both grow and develop team members and to drive greater efficiencies in the offering delivery pipeline
- Works with cross-functional Program Managers, Product Management, and Software Engineering, and UX Managers to drive work across other product teams and helps move and prioritize work into other product backlogs. Acts as the champion for solution initiatives
- Partners directly with Sales, Services, Product Marketing, Operations and Customer Success to maintain a solid understanding of both the competitive landscape and customer needs
- Collaborates with Marketing to define messaging, target market, approach
- Thrive in a dynamic environment: You love to wear multiple hats
- Keen Navigator: You can work in a matrixed organization and know when to push, pull, clear the path and/or play team ball
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- Listening Skills: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being verbose. Maintains this standard in all forms of communication
- Strategic Thinking: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis or current and future trends
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship
- Organization & Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an effective, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities
- Follow-through on Commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements
- Pro-activity: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company
- Creativity/ Innovation: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights
YOU MUST HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience in a Software Solutions/Product Management role
- Bachelors Degree in business, computer science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile development environment (SAFe experience a plus)
- MBA highly desired
- Proven track record of developing, launching, and generating revenue from enterprise software solutions.
- Results-oriented with strong negotiation and decision-making capabilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Experience building cross-functional business relationships, gathering user requirements, translating requirements to technical specifications/user stories
If you believe this is the perfect role, then we'd love to hear from you, and apply.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce culture.