Navigation R&D Scientist
Honeywell dynamically expands activities in research and development (R&D) centre in Brno, Czech Republic. Established in 2003, this is the largest R&D centre in Europe for Honeywell. Our engineers and scientists develop products and technologies that are linked to our business groups: Aerospace, Automation and Controls Solutions and Transportation Systems.
Are you passionate about Aerospace? Do you want to accelerate your career and have a chance to define outstanding technologies?
Be part of our growing scientist team that is defining the future of Honeywell Aerospace products and solutions in order to impact a diverse set of partners – Colleagues, Business, Functional partners and External Customers.
Our team designs, develops and integrates highly complex Radar and Navigation systems within Honeywell research programs. We create system solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. As integral part of a team, you will be involved in technical aspects of systems providing technical knowledge and expertise in the area of Radar & Navigation Systems.
• Contribute to the development of airborne radar and navigation solutions.
• Design and verify signal and image processing algorithms typical for radars and radio navigation systems including filtering and fusion.
• Use ingenuity and creativity to develop solutions for complex problem statements.
• Support validation activities (including flight tests), hands-on integration and data post-processing.
• Prepare technical documentation and presentations to internal and external customers.
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in radar and navigation, or other relevant engineering degrees providing a strong image and data processing capability.
• Strong background in signal and image processing theory.
• Experience with image processing algorithm development.
• Ability to convert customer requirements into system requirements and perform engineering trade-offs.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Matlab and / or Simulink experience.
• C or C++ experience is desired.
• DSP assembly languages or VHDL.
• Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) for real time embedded processing applications.
• Hands on debugging with PC-based development tools.
• Invents to solve new and non-standard technical problems.
• Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results; experience in partnering globally.
• Ambitious self-starter; ability to work without detailed work direction, acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
• Strong communication skills and ability to establish and maintain positive customer relationships, influence and work effectively with employees at all levels and of varied backgrounds.
We believe in forward-thinking environment and state-of-the-art technologies. We'd love to hear from you if you are just like us.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. We will review your application without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.