The Licensing Centre of Excellence is a key partner to Business leaders in the Product SBUs and Verticals, collaborating to generate revenue growth. This particular role within the Global Mergers, Acquisitions and Licensing team works closely with the EMEAI Aftermarket Verticals, with a focus on the B&GA Vertical, and the Mechanical Subsystems & Components Product SBU.
• Drive the execution of License opportunities in EMEAI to meet SRO, AOP and STRAP financial commitments
• Support and own Licensing deals on Mechanical Subsystems & Components products, across the region’s Verticals
• Generate and lead a pipeline of EMEAI Licensing opportunities by working with Product SBU and Vertical stakeholders
• Drive a consistent licensing framework to methodically cultivate and pursue Breakthrough Growth Licensing strategies in EMEA.
• Develop and drive an EMEAI B&GA Licensing MOS, and integrate it into the MOS of key EMEAI stakeholder groups (Aftermarket and OEM CBTs)
• Collaborate with B&GA and other Vertical and Product SBU Directors to identify and refine aftermarket strategies within their Product/Services portfolios
• Lead the implementation of the B&GA Licensing Strategy within the EMEAI region
• Lead the implementation of the MS&C Licensing Strategy within the EMEAI region
• Work closely with the Global Channel Committee to ensure consistent implementation of Channel Strategies
• Use influencing skills and regional-specific knowledge to shape and adjust global strategies
• Work closely with the regional and global Aftermarket Business Managers and Directors, to advocate for support and buy-in for specific deals, as well as to ensure optimal go-forward strategies
• Develop an understanding of the Honeywell Product on fleets in the EMEAI region; how those products can be licensed; and of the relationship that Honeywell has with current and potential future licensees
• Develop and own the Audit Settlement strategy to drive lost-revenue recovery through audits in B&GA / MS&C EMEAI
License Approvals, Drafting and Negotiation:
• Prepare the Authorization to Negotiate, including: articulating a compelling rationale for the deal; the valuation model, with an analysis of the lost-margin and of next-best-alternatives;, and a Going-In/BAFO financial range to support the negotiation process.
• Work closely with requisite Product SBUs and Vertical leaders at the Director and VP level to ensure alignment on and buy-in for the negotiation strategy
• Lead license and audit negotiations with third parties, including coordination of drafting of the agreements (with required sign-off from IP Law).
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Science or similar is required
• Minimum of 3 years of negotiations and business development experience
• A high level of business acumen
• Comfortable in a matrix environment with a record of influencing key senior individuals
• Track record of working deals from creation to closure within a large complex corporate environment, dealing with a variety of businesses and functions
• Knowledge of aerospace markets, products and applications
• Proven project management experience
• Self-confident, with a strong sense of urgency and knowledge on how to overcome obstacles to get things done in a timely fashion
• A leader with a collaborative, collegial operating style
• A high level of energy, creativity, and persistence
• An ability to tactfully manage conflict and drive optimal outcomes
• Experience in customer-facing roles
• Experience in negotiations
• Must be a self-starter and work efficiently and effectively in a high-pressure environment
• Outstanding communicator skills, both verbal and written
• Team Leading experience is an advantage
• An MBA or advanced degree is an advantage
• Experience with contract drafting/agreement admin is an advantage
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.