R&D Scientist II
Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, build and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. If you desire an exciting, meaningful opportunity with extraordinary potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
We are currently looking for a new colleague who as a R&D Scientist II will help us to develop innovative solutions for the Aerospace domain.
The Flight Ops and Mission Management team is opening an R&D Scientist II position for candidates eager to participate in design, development and evaluation of innovative on-board and on-ground flight support solutions, such as fuel efficiency, flight optimization and fleet management applications. The main involvement of a R&D Scientist II is expected in the following competency areas:
Data cleansing, formatting, transformations and conversions e.g. between pixel and vector based datasets, etc.
Performing descriptive statistical analytics over large datasets.
Collaboration on design and prototyping cutting edge algorithms for fuel efficiency improvements, flight optimization and fleet management. Application of state of the art Machine Learning approaches is highly appreciated.
Graphical visualization of large datasets often including complex multidimensional, georeferenced data fields.
Software design and development:
Design and prototyping software platforms able to interact with in-house and third-party systems through standard web services interfaces, e.g. WSDL or REST API.
Development of software tools for data acquisition, processing and on-site or cloud-based storage.
Design and development of software tools allowing interactive control over data processing and visualization processes.
Following the Business Environment:
Awareness of customer needs and competitive solutions.
Awareness of relevant standardization activities, patent landscape.
Identification of prospective R&D ideas and preparation of new project proposals.
Contribution to project management, team and task leadership.
You must have:
- Practical experience with data processing, cleansing, formatting, transformations, conversions.
- Familiarity with statistical approaches (e.g. common distribution functions, descriptive analytics, statistical hypothesis testing, etc.).
- Familiarity with predictive analytics principles (e.g. time-series analysis).
- Additional experience with state of the art Machine Learning approaches and Neural Networks is highly appreciated.
- Familiarity with programming languages used in research and development environment: C/C++, Python, Matlab.
- Familiarity with project management principles and methodology is appreciated.
- Ability to use English language for daily written and spoken communication.
- Ability to maintain SW documentation in English language.
- Ability to work full time.
- Dynamic and creative international work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
- Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
- Daily use of foreign languages.
- Expert leaders to support your professional development.
If you believe this is the right path for you, then we'd love to hear from you.