Sr. Technical support specialist
Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, craft and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. We are a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity.
Senior Technical Support Specialist is the most senior within the Technical Support team, taking care of the most complex customer issues and tackling the role and responsibilities of subject matter expert in their field. Once a problem has been escalated to Tier 3 by the frontline Tier 2 team, it will be the Tier 3 Engineer’s responsibility to work towards root cause determination and expedite an action plan – often with help from Engineering and Quality - to resolve the problem. While the role may require less frontline customer interaction than the lower Tier levels, the role is still very much a customer-facing one, so strong skills are a requirement in taking care of both external and internal customers alike.
Key areas of responsibility and roles:
• Handling complex issues raised from the lower support tiers and recording all related activities in the case handling system.
• Deep investigation of complex technical issues and resolution of support requests.
• Providing training, coaching and mentoring of the lower support tiers to improve product knowledge and issue handling skills.
• Preparing the team to support new product offerings, by participating in the Honeywell New Product Introduction (NPI) program.
• Actively developing and maintaining technical knowledge base content.
• Build positive relationships with our partner and end customer base and become knowledgeable about their respective needs. Keep the customer updated on the status of work in progress on their problems.
• Providing back-up to the frontline support staff at peak times as required.
• Provide in depth pre- and post-sales technical assistance for internal and external customers, facilitating the investigation, identification, root cause analysis and resolution of complex technical issues. Areas will include factors relating to configuration, installation, environmental and application functionality, as well as other potential causes.
• Work with and escalate issues to Engineering and Quality teams where required, prioritizing requests based on severity and business case.
• Support the knowledge-sharing mindset and apply the Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) methodology guidelines. Contribute knowledge content for all new issues encountered by and resolved at Tier 3 and improve existing content where necessary to ensure good visibility, re-usability of data on known problems.
What Skills and Experience will you have:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting the latest AIDC technology products (Barcode Scanners, PDTs, and Thermal label printers) products, plus all related operating systems, host drivers and utilities.
• Minimum of 5 years in a role requiring strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills – ability to quickly assess the impact, complexity, and urgency of technical issues.
• Great English - written and verbal communication skills.
• Great presentation skills and ability to train others in the team
• Ability to work independently
We also value:
• Software development experience with HTML5, J-Script, C++, SQL, iOS an advantage
• Knowledge of industry-related technologies and applications, familiarity with 1D and 2D bar code symbologies, scanners and various data collection devices and platforms.
• Knowledge of another language (French, German, Italian, Spanish)
If you believe this is the perfect role, then we'd love to hear from you, and apply.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce culture.