Software Design Engineer I
Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, build and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. If you desire an exciting, meaningful opportunity with extraordinary potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
Become a part of the Brno Flight Controls team that designs, develops and integrates an intelligent aircraft control system capable of planning, controlling and monitoring aircraft flight.
The Honeywell Flight Controls is part of the on-board avionics cockpit in many aircraft including Airbus, Boeing, Dassault and is integrated into many off-board solutions. In addition, we work on Airborne Mission Systems for helicopters and fixed wing aircraft, which create a paperless cockpit providing sophisticated mapping, navigation and sensor integration.
We are currently looking for a new member for the position Software Design Engineer.
• Requirements, software architecture and design
• Software coding and Integration
• Software testing and validation
• Support internal and external customers working with teams around the world
• Product and technology innovation
• Complete software tasks on-time and within given requirements and quality
You must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• Good command of the English language
• Knowledge of C and Python
• C# knowledge
• Knowledge in Ada programming is a plus
• Experience with embedded SW development and debugging on real target HW platform is a plus
• Experience with Agile/Scrum is a plus
• Knowledge of aerospace domain is a plus
• Knowledge of DO-178B objectives is a plus
• Willing to work with various internal and global groups
• Understanding various systems and software development lifecycles is a plus
• Effective communicator - Good written and verbal communications skills
• Strong organizational skills and analytical ability
• Self – starter, motivated and takes initiative and able to work independently
• Willing to learn new technologies and gain new knowledge
• Willing to travel or short-term reallocation
• Extremely reliable, trustworthy and highest ethical standards
• Interested in working in fast paced, global business environment
• Dynamic and creative international work environment
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development
• Chance to define your career with global company.
• Daily use of foreign languages.
If you believe this is the right path for you, then we'd love to hear from you.