Engineering Support- Intern
Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, build and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. If you desire an exciting, meaningful opportunity with extraordinary potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
We are currently looking for a new member for the position Engineering Support - Intern to join our team in Aerospace domain.
The Flight Ops and Mission Management team is opening an engineering support position to help our staff researchers and developers with obtaining and processing aircraft specific and flight environment related data, typically data from Meteorological and Aeronautical Information Services, Aircraft Traffic Information Services (e.g. Flight Aware), Airline Operational Data (flight plans, scheduling or passenger information, etc.) in order to use these inputs in advanced fuel, flight and fleet optimization applications.
The engineering support activities are expected to concentrate on two major competency areas:
• Develop low to medium complexity SW tools to obtain access to on-line databases through standard web services interfaces, e.g. WSDL or REST AP.I.
• Develop required software tools and set up on-site or cloud-based data storage for downlinked data.
• Prototyping low to medium complexity data processing tools.
TECHNICAL/MATHEMATICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO PRE-PROCESS AND INTERPRET DATA :
• Data cleansing, formatting, transformation.
• Performing descriptive statistical analytics over the datasets.
• Optionally performing also predictive analytics specific to the obtained datasets.
• Graphical visualization of georeferenced data (typically polygons) over a standard map layer.
Do you have following experience and skills?
• Familiarity with one or more programming language used in research and development environment, such as Python, C/C++, Java, Matlab or R.
• Practical experience with data processing, cleansing, and formatting.
• Familiarity with basic statistical approaches (common distribution functions, descriptive analytics, statistical hypothesis testing, etc.)
• An additional familiarity with predictive analytics, machine learning or neural networks is highly appreciated.
• Ability to use English language for daily written and spoken communication.
• Ability to maintain SW documentation in English language.
• Ability to work for 20 h/week.
• Dynamic and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development
If you believe this is the right path for you, then we'd love to hear from you.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce culture.