Innovative Aero Internship
Honeywell dynamically expands activities in research and development (R&D) centre in Brno, Czech Republic. Established in 2003, this is the largest R&D centre in Europe for Honeywell. Our engineers and scientists develop products and technologies that are linked to our business groups: Aerospace, Automation and Controls Solutions and Transportation Systems.
Are you a student passionate about Engineering and ground breaking Technologies? Do you want to take your first steps as a part-time Intern?
This position is a part of Advanced Technology group, a research organization focusing on research in key areas of aerospace industry such as Air Traffic Management; Communication, Navigation, Surveillance & Control Systems; Embedded Systems; Crew Interface and Avionics.
Human-Cockpit Interaction research team works on future generation of Aircraft flight deck. We are looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people who want to get more experience in natural human-machine interaction, human state detection and fast SW prototyping. We are working on state-of-the-art technologies with teams from whole Europe, US and India.
You can contribute to one of these key areas
1. Scientist for human health monitoring – detection human states, which can lead to dangerous situation for pilots (sleep, fatigue, incapacitation, …). You will support data collection and analysis campaign, help to identify significant markers in collected data and/support evolution of methods for state classification. Suitable for those either passionate about medical areas or data analysis.
2. Evolution of flight simulation – We are using flight simulation to design and validate concepts developed in our team. We need support to evolve our existing simulation environment to new level. You are suitable, if you have interest in flight simulation, some experience with programming (scripting languages, C/C++ is advantage) and ability to learn.
3. SW developer to rapidly prototype our concepts. You will work with the project team and will support development and validation of various prototypes. You will use and practice programming in various languages (C/C++, Python, …), learn CI/CD and will get understanding of our design methodology.
• Interest in one of the above-mentioned areas.
• Real passion to learn new things
• Spoken English language on good level and basic written English skills.
• You can demonstrate existing skills in relevant areas during initial interview
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to learn new technologies.
• An open, transparent and team oriented personality.
• Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work.
• Some experience in engineering or related field.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. We will review your application without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.