System Architect - Space
Honeywell dynamically expands activities in research and development (R&D) centre in Brno, Czech Republic. Established in 2003, this is the largest R&D centre in Europe for Honeywell. Our engineers and scientists develop products and technologies that are linked to our business groups: Aerospace, Automation and Controls Solutions and Transportation Systems.
Do you have a real passion for Space? Are you ready to invent to build strong client relationships?
The System Architect role is to ensure right combination of technology and product development activities to address current and future needs of space industry customers.
A system architect analyzes and recommends the right combination of IT components to achieve a specific business, department, team, or functional goal.
As a part of Honeywell Aerospace Advanced technology Europe, you will be responsible for technical consistency of a set of projects, ensuring that space customer needs are considered from early stages of the research phase. You will contribute to the identification and the launch of new activities enabling to strengthen Honeywell position in space systems.
System Architects perform a full range of technical and managerial work including assignments on Advanced Technology development programs from Technology Readiness Level-1 (concept development) through Technology Readiness Level-6 (advanced prototypes), as well as the transition to industrial products.
• Convert customer / industry requirements into system requirements and perform engineering trade-off analyses at the system-of-systems level, in the face of ambiguous and conflicting requirements.
• Develop technology architectures and product roadmaps across multiple space systems and across multiple product segments in support of traditional as well as New Space initiatives.
• Partner with other Advanced Technology and Marketing and Product Management colleagues to coordinate product and technology roadmaps to assure the best business outcome of research activities.
• Be part of development in the frame of space programs.
• Proposal preparation and/or new business development and/or project management.
After six months in the position, you will
• Play the role of architect focal on ongoing space related projects.
• Support the definition of projects in the area of new research programs.
Additionally, after twelve months, you will
• Act as research focal (technical matters) with one local OEM, in team with a program point of contact (programmatic matters).
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Systems Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience working on space projects.
• Close system engineering work at a Space systems manufacturer, preferably in one of the following fields: AOCS, Communication, Mechanisms.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• You are ambitious, self-starter, empowered, a great teammate.
• Previous experience with ESA processes.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously across geographic and cultural boundaries.
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication and negotiating skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
We'd love to hear from you. Do not hesitate and shape your future today.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. We will review your application without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.