Project Engineer in Aerospace
Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, build and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. If you desire an exciting, meaningful opportunity with extraordinary potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
We are currently looking for a new team member for the position Project Engineer to join our team within Aerospace division. You will partner with world-class engineering's and leaders to implement product strategies, develop program schedules and milestones, define technology roadmaps, and drive improvements in engineering quality and productivity.
Key areas of responsibilities:
• Leads and directs one or more project teams engaged in the design, implementation and modification of avionics products
• Prepares project plans, identifies and manages the appropriate technical and engineering resources needed for the execution of the project
• Manages project risks, sets up and deploys mitigation plans
• Ensures projects are completed on schedule, within budget and at the expected quality level
• Coordinates with internal and external suppliers, integrates and manages sub-deliverables
• Actively identifies opportunities to improve effectivity and productivity
• At the program level prepares metrics for:
o Forecast vs. Approved budget
o Program scorecard
• Initiate, coordinate and maintain Estimates at Completion (EAC)
• Monitors and reports progress periodically to the management as required
You must have:
• At least 5 years of experience on similar role
• Proven track record of managing small or medium size projects ($500.000)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel
• Excellent command of English language
• Strong communication skills and ability to coordinate resources of mixed skill levels and backgrounds.
• Project Management knowledge and capability
• Strong organizational skills and analytical ability
• Excellent understanding of budgeting, financial analysis and cost validation, as well as program/project scheduling/statusing
• Strong problem solving skills; Ability to apply various tools in resolving complex problems
• Excellent knowledge of Honeywell IPDS and Aerospace technical processes; DO-254 knowledge is a plus.
• Experience in supporting and leading teams - strong leadership skills
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• University degree
• PMP/PMI (Project Management Professional) Certification is a plus.
• Dynamic and creative international work environment
• Competitive salary
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages
• Expert leaders to support your professional development
If you believe this is the right path for you, then we'd love to hear from you.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce culture.