Honeywell offers an opportunity for a committed engineer to join Advance Technology organization in Brno in the Czech Republic and work on exciting development of Space and Aviation technologies. The Advanced Technology organization is responsible for the inception, development, and transition of new technologies into existing or future Honeywell Aerospace product lines, and assisting in the development of new markets, products, or services. Our team in Europe consists of more than 150 employees, most of which are creative, highly skilled engineers working on exciting novel aeronautical and space technologies.
We are looking for an experienced R&D Engineer or Scientist to join the growing mechanical department. As a member of multi-functional team, you will work on early stage of technology development, from initial concepts up to prototypes demonstrated in the relevant environment. Your will act as a technical domain leader for R&D of mechanical systems influencing the execution of various R&D projects from the field of electro-mechanical systems. Part of your role will be planning and coordinating such activities involving other experts, such as mechanical engineers, control and test engineers. You are expected to contribute to system architecture definitions, trade-off analyses, system modelling and simulations, design, build and performance assessment. You will demonstrate your extensive know-how and experience while mentoring the junior team members and helping to grow the department.
• Acts as the technical authority for electro-mechanical systems and lead a full range of activities which identify and develop technical improvements for Honeywell Aerospace products and technology.
• Support partnership development in collaborative R&D environment with industry and academia.
• System architecture definition for complex aviation and space systems using trade-off studies and simulations
• Close collaboration with domain authorities on architecture definition, systems and component engineering, providing system level mentorship and guidance on complex electro-mechanical systems, defining the trade-off studies and participation on system modelling and analyses
• Definition and planning of project tasks in cooperation with local experts (system safety engineers, control engineers, test engineers)
• M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Applied Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or Controls
• 10 years of experience e.g. combinations of mechanics, electronics and system engineering of mechanical products. Additional experience with robotics, controls or other relevant engineering field will be an advantage.
• Worked previously at an aviation or space OEM or an extensive experience in working with an OEM
• Excellent command of English
• Knowledge of aerospace standards and guidelines is highly advantageous
• Real Passion for Space and Aeronautical technologies
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider your application without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.