Honeywell Aerospace offers an opportunity for a forward-thinking Research & Development mechanical design engineer to join Advance Technology organization in Brno, Czech Republic. The Advanced Technology organization is responsible for the inception, development, and transition of new technologies into existing or future Honeywell Aerospace product lines, and assisting in the development of new markets, products, or services. Our team consists of more than 150 employees, most of which are committed, highly skilled engineers working on exciting novel aeronautical and space technologies.
We are looking for a R&D mechanical design engineer to augment the Electro-Mechanical Systems group. Your technical function will include development and prototyping of mechanical components for various systems, such as electro-mechanical actuation or mechanisms for Space applications. As a member of multi-functional team, you will work on early stage of technology development, from initial concepts up to prototypes demonstrated in a relevant environment. This role assumes ability to take care of challenging and often conflicting design requirements in an innovative way.
If you are ambitious and love challenging work beyond the state of the art, you might be the right person.
• Research and analysis of existing solutions in the relevant technical field and analysis of their applicability and performance.
• Support the team in definition of innovative mechanical concepts and overcome conflicting requirements and challenging technical criteria.
• Optimize selected mechanical concepts to demonstrate the best available performance.
• Evaluation of use of cutting-edge materials and manufacturing processes in cooperation with local experts.
• Ensuring functionality and manufacturability of final design by engineering analyses & calculations.
• Design of mechanical assemblies and parts and preparation of prototype manufacturing documentation, according to internal standards & procedures.
• Definition of technical specifications for internal team members as well as for external suppliers.
• Development and assessment of test equipment and tooling gauges required to test complex components and assemblies.
• Oversee assembly process and instrumentation of prototypes.
• Participate on definition of tests and acceptance test procedures.
• Participate on safety & reliability evaluations of electro-mechanical systems.
• Provide technical expertise and support to multiple technology development teams.
• M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering
• 2 years of mechanical design experience (Ph.D. may be considered as relevant experience if of appropriate field)
• Good command of English
• Proficient in usage of mainstream CAD system
• Experience with Siemens NX
• Real passion for Space and Aeronautical technologies
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider your application without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.