Aerospace Technical Manager R&D
Honeywell dynamically expands activities in research and development (R&D) centre in Brno, Czech Republic. Established in 2003, this is the largest R&D centre in Europe for Honeywell. Our engineers and scientists develop products and technologies that are linked to our business groups: Aerospace, Automation and Controls Solutions and Transportation Systems.
Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, craft and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. If you desire an exciting, meaningful opportunity with exceptional potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
As a Principal Research & Development (R&D) Engineer you will design and deliver large, complex portions of the technologies that power our solutions and products. You will build a consistent track record developing technologies and will build deep technical skills. Work in an agile environment and solve complex problems with speed and creativity.
At Honeywell’s Advanced Technology group in Brno, Czech Republic, we are contributing to the development of Honeywell’s extraordinary Flight Planning Engine. We also have in house aircraft performance and avionics experts, including a Flight Management System (FMS) Center of Excellence. These groups together execute the Mission and Trajectory Management R&D roadmap.
You will be responsible for the mission roadmap and execute it, strengthening the harmony between the FMS world and the Flight Planning world. You will lead and handle project execution and tie out with senior management. Communication with senior management (in R&D as well as in the business) is a large part of the job.
We are looking for you to have a strong avionics/FMS/Flight Controls background. Alternatively a person with a strong Flight Operations (Flight Planning) background. The person's technical background should be combined with strong project management skills and a solid track record of delivering results to production.
• Technology leadership
• New Business Development
• Program Development
• Technical solutions
• Customer interaction
• Develop new technology
• Masters Degree in Engineering
• Fluent English
• Minimum of ten years of meaningful experience in a similar role.
• Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously across geographic and cultural boundaries
• Solid ability to lead, motivate, develop and mentor others
• Experience with new product and technology development in a highly regulated environment
• Track record of project leadership experience contributing to products and projects
• Industrial design talent
• Ability to analyze and tackle complex and challenging problems
• Able to effectively operate in a matrix organization
• Experience working in global teams across time zones
• Business and marketing experience
• Dynamic and creative international work environment
• Competitive salary
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages
• Expert leaders to support your professional development
If you believe this is the right path for you, then we'd love to hear from you.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce culture.