Sr Firmware / Software architect
Join a global multi-functional design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions for the industrial IoT as part of Honeywell's Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group. In SPS we are crafting solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
In this role, you will work on all aspects complex embedded software development projects – design, development, review, and test. You will have clear accountability to drive innovation utilizing new technologies in hardware, software, and emerging wireless communication protocols. You will be designing a SenseBox for the Connected Worker Solutions department of Honeywell. In Connected Worker team we are improving work and plant productivity and ensuring the complete regulatory compliance and safety.
Key areas of responsibility and roles?
- Leading a phenomenal team embedded firmware engineers
- You will be involved in all phases of design from concept to deployment
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (systems, hardware, test, quality) to produce architecturally sound designs, contribute to hardware selection, design test plans, and oversee delivery of software modules, applications, and documentation.
- Ensuring that technical tasks are completed on time and within given requirements, using a spectrum of methodologies (mainly Scrum)
- Work in an Agile environment
What Skills and Experience will you have?
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering, IT
- You'll possess a proven understanding of C/C++ code programming of microcontrollers and embedded systems
- Experience with operating systems (Android, Linux) development - Development of User level Application and packages on Linux
- Experience with JIRA/JIRA Agile/Bamboo
- Good communication and collaborative skills
What we value?
- Knowledge of wireless technology
- Fosters Teamwork and Diversity
- Able to solve problems independently
- Able to work in team environment worldwide
If you believe this is the perfect role, then we'd love to hear from you, and apply.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce culture.