Sr. Application Systems Engineer
Join a global multi-functional design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions for the industrial IoT as part of Honeywell's Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group. In SPS we are crafting solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
In this role, you will interact and build links with customers. You will be over-viewing and supporting installations and demonstrating product by customers. You will be working closely with a team developing a SenseBox for the Connected Worker Solutions department of Honeywell. In Connected Worker team we are improving work and plant productivity and ensuring the complete regulatory compliance and safety.
Key areas of responsibility and roles?
- Act as customer concern path to Engineering for issues that fall outside of normal product support or are more severe and require physical local representation
- Help customers understand, demonstrate and install
- Focus on achieving the Annual Operations Plan (AOP) by helping to generate more opportunities whether new application within existing customers, pursuing current customer to upgrade their old hardware or gaining market share from the competition
- Provide full project support by preparing and presenting necessary technical demonstrations / pilot installations with all associated collateral and documentation.
- Improve customer experience by supporting customers in problem solving (new biz, existing, quality, etc) and be recognized as the “trusted technical advisor”.
- Support initiatives for customer solution
What Skills and Experience will you have?
- Degree in engineering or programming preferred
- C/C++ code programming of microcontrollers and embedded systems is an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and ability to communicate at the highest executive levels in the organization.
- Ability to take care of ambiguity, work within a multi-functional team environment and communicate with multiple constituents in a boundary less fashion in a highly matrix environment.
- A high degree of focus on quality of work product, ability to deliver under tight time pressure, accountability and manage multiple activities.
- On an average, travel will be required 20-30% of time
What we value?
- Knowledge of wireless technology
- Fosters Teamwork and Diversity
- Able to solve problems independently
- Upbeat personality, team player, self-starter (able to work in lean environment with autonomy).
If you believe this is the perfect role, then we'd love to hear from you, and apply.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce culture.