SAP Basis Admin
Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, build and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. If you desire an exciting, meaningful opportunity with extraordinary potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
You will be a member of the SAP BASIS Operations team in the Honeywell IT Enterprise Systems and Applications organization, which ensures alignment and delivery of all SAP services for the Honeywell Corporation and Strategic Business Groups (SBG). Support of SAP is an integral component in the delivery of both business efficiencies and tangible benefits given that it is the ERP system of choice across the Honeywell businesses enabling an integrated approach involving systems, processes, and people.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND ROLES?
- consult and provide technical solutions to meet the SBG requirements
- improve system performance and address chronic issues
- integrate the latest SAP technologies, products and infrastructure components to run the best in class SAP solutions to deliver business value.
- expert knowledge and experience working in a large-scale multi-instance SAP Environment.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WILL YOU HAVE?
- BS in Computer Science/Mathematics or relevant IT/Engineering field required.
- 10+ years of experience with SAP Basis Administration support in a large Enterprise environment.
- Expert in architecting and supporting solutions around SAP ecosystems and a technology stack of SAP Enterprise Core Component (ECC), Business Intelligence (BI), Enterprise Portal (EP), SAP HANA, Suite on HANA, BW on HANA, SLD, Process Integration (PI/PO), Fiori, CRM, EWM, LVM, Solution Manager, BOBJ BI/BODS, GRC, TREX, JAVA systems etc.
- Hands-on experience with SAP Basis tasks such as designing and implementing landscape and infrastructure, client strategy, capacity planning (sizing), high-availability and disaster-recovery setup, backup and recovery strategy, storage systems, SAP upgrades, OS/DB migration, System refresh/client copies and Basis administration.
- Experienced in SAP implementation, upgrades and migrations to Suite on HANA, BW on HANA, and cloud integration, cloud migrations.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems. Knowledge should include performance analysis and debugging. Deep level of knowledge on HA/DR technologies including design and implementation of Geographically Dispersed HA/DR solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Database Administration. Deep knowledge including performance query analysis, sizing, HA/DR and storage/disk design of SAP HANA, Oracle, MaxDB.
- Strong experience with Hyper-Visor/Cloud/Networking: Able to design, deploy and troubleshoot solutions based on VMWare or Azure or AWS.
- Strong experience with planning, design, installation, and technical configuration of SAP modules and components.
- Experienced with complex SAP and non-SAP technical integration and monitoring solutions for SAP applications and platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Instance, database and query tuning to improve the performance of the database/application.
- Strong experience with operations of large-scale global SAP landscapes.
- Ability to work individually (self-motivated) and within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management by providing status information.
WHAT DO WE VALUE?
- Creative and collaborative problem solving skills.
- Quickly and accurately identifies even subtle interrelationships and patterns among a variety of problems and issues.
- Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without mentorship or supervision.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills and excellent customer focus
If you believe this is the perfect role, then we'd love to hear from you, and apply.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce culture.