Manufacturing Engineer II
Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software functions within Honeywell Aerospace.You will use your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS) dynamically expands its activities in research and development (R&D) center in Brno, Czech Republic. Established in 2003, this is the largest R&D center in Europe for Honeywell. Our engineers and scientists develop products and technologies that are linked to our business units: Aerospace, Automation and Controls Solutions and Transportation Systems.
This position is a part of Aerospace group, the world's leading supplier of avionics systems, products and services for commercial and business aircraft as well as for defense and space applications.
In this role, you will get a chance to work with global teams having expertise in Aerospace products and its manufacturing, understand macroeconomics of different regions, work towards developing Honeywell intelligence on various cost parameters and its impact on product cost and provide analytical solutions utilizing manufacturing knowledge to improve organization operating margins.
This is an exciting opportunity to work through and expand the horizon of technical expertise across Aerospace products and meaningful technologies.
Key responsibilities include:
• Performing Should Cost estimation for Aerospace parts and assemblies.
• Negotiation with suppliers to get right price for Honeywell.
• Should Cost tools and database development.
Do you have following experience and skills?
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Production/Industrial Engineering.
• Circa 5 years of manufacturing experience, especially with processing of sheet metal fabrication and machining.
• Aerospace industry experience is ideal but those from automotive background will also be considered.
• Hands on experience in manufacturing and/or process planning in one or more manufacturing processes like Assembly, Sheet Metal fabrication and Machining.
• Knowledge of special process like heat treatment, chemical processing and NDT.
• Knowledge of Drawing Interpretation and GD&T.
• Familiarity with Aerospace materials and its properties.
• Should cost experience and relevant tools knowledge like aPriori should cost software.
• Familiarity with UG NX modeling and drafting.
• Project Management skills and experience.
• Basic knowledge of finance and program management concepts and tools.
• You will work in multinational team and company – best way to improve your English by using it daily.
• Professional development plans including training and further career opportunities.
• Experienced leaders to support your professional development.
• Dynamic and international work environment.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.