Senior Acoustic Engineer
Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, craft and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. We want you to join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND ROLES:
• Provide acoustics domain expertise to Engineering for both existing and new product developments.
• Specify, select, and qualify acoustical components (transducers, analog & digital microphones, etc) for headset products.
• Conceptualize, design, model, implement, prototype, debug, test, document, and support relevant product developments.
Emphasize sound quality, low cost, low power, performance, timeliness requirements, consumption, light weight, high durability, and small size.
• Document intellectual property and generate patent disclosures.
• Manage and operate the acoustics laboratory for engineering development, characterization, and standardized measurements.
• Coordinate internal product studies and support field trials necessary to evaluate acoustical performance of products.
• Work hands-on in the lab, as well as through technicians and engineers, to test, debug and improve headset products.
• Write system test, electronic test, and system qualification procedures. Involvement spans initial prototype work through success
sful production launch.
• Support manufacturing and quality organizations to ensure manufacturability and field reliability.
• Identify, evaluate, and select vendors, subcontractors, service providers, and consultants, and work with them to drive our acoustic requirements into their products.
YOU MUST HAVE:
• BS in an Engineering discipline.
• A minimum of 5 years of audio product design experience.
• Detailed understanding of acoustics and electro-acoustic transducers.
• Experience with acoustics modeling, analysis, and measurements.
• Experience with electro-acoustic components for both speech and hearing.
• MS in Engineering preferred.
• Practical experience with DFM/DFT methodologies in an electronic manufacturing environment a plus.
• Familiar with Audio Precision equipment (APx585) and Audio Precision software a plus.
• Understanding of CREO (MCAD modeling software), or equivalent a plus.
• Work in multinational team and company
• Competitive salary
• Diverse and non-stereotypical work with high tech technologies
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career
• A complex systems of benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-
flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria
• Opportunity to build your career with global company.
• Daily use of foreign languages.