Software Engineer - Applications
DELIVER BUSINESS VALUE THROUGH RIGHT AND FAST PARTNERSHIP
Aerospace provides products that are used on virtually every commercial and defense aircraft platform and in more than 100 million vehicles worldwide and include aircraft propulsion, cockpit systems and satellite communications.
Join a company that is transforming from a traditional industrial company to a contemporary digital industrial business, harnessing the power of cloud, big data, analytics, Internet of Things, and design thinking.
You will support change that brings value to our customers, partners, and shareholders through the creation of creative software and data-driven products and services.
You will help engineer contemporary applications and services, constructing solutions that remain scalable, adaptable and replicable.
Become a part of transforming Honeywell's IT organization through the delivery of technology products that will directly impact the company's growth.
What you will be doing?
• Design and implement web based software for the Aircraft Management System. The team is building web-based systems for aircraft/vehicle maintenance systems - tools for creating diagnostic models and performing diagnostic/ predictive maintenance. Primary work scope is implementing Software and creating maintenance models of target systems in cooperation with the wider team.
• Fully Agile development using Atlassian stack, latest web technologies, continuous integration and automated testing.
• Communicate goals/expectations/issues with stakeholders/team.
• Follow and improve methodologies for SW development and design, coding best practices.
• Provide estimates and technical design of products.
• Make sure you finish the goals in a satisfactory manner and issues timely communicated.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering.
• Experience with JAVA/ Web development or knowledge of SQL is required.
• Experience in implementation of web based systems using the SQL database is required.
• Excellent command of English language is mandatory.
• Knowledge of the SW development best practices and SW development cycle.
• Knowledge of UML, practical knowledge of Enterprise Architect is an advantage.
• Knowledge of configuration management system, team collaboration tools and continuous integration (JIRA, GIT, Bamboo or Jenkins).
• Capability and willingness to travel to USA for training and business meetings.
• You are self-directing and willing to work with various internal and global groups.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. We will review your application without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.