Design Tear down Test Engineer
We invent, build and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. If you desire an exciting, meaningful opportunity with outstanding potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
Are you passionate about test engineering? As a Design Validation Test Engineer, you will work independently and take responsibility for validation tests execution, reporting the results as well as creating product specification updates through testing. You will cooperate with our international project team and participate in creation of product validation plans.
Honeywell Industrial Safety (HIS) design and manufacture Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This industry is highly regulated and has inherent Safety requirements. Our customers demand the highest level of quality and reliability. HIS is part of a wider Safety & Productivity Solutions Quality team so offers to the new team member potential future equal opportunities in a wide range of opportunities in many areas of quality.
- You will take care of products specifications through black box testing
Independent validation testing of safety products according to the validation plan or standards
- Execution of compliance testing for existing and legacy designs across Honeywell portfolio
- Creating technical documentation (test procedure definition, records, results and summaries, certification documents)
- Applying international standards and Honeywell internal processes
- Working closely with international multi-functional diverse team to ensure the proper validation of the product
- Cooperation with Reliability engineer to set and realize reliability tests
- Making of measured data analysis
- Defining, establishing and promoting test methodologies
- Support design validation and sustaining quality team
- Occasional travel, mostly Europe
- Technology High School or University of technology
- At least 2 years work experience with product testing or with quality assurance
- Electrotechnical qualification §6 - 50/1978 Sb is very welcome
- Experience with different laboratory test equipment (tensile machine, gauges…)
- Deep understanding of user documentation (drawings, BOM files, standards in English)
- Know-how of preparation samples for testing (operation of drilling machine, bandsaw, hand tools)
- English on level needed for communication within our team
- Ability to create product specifications and requirements through testing
- Knowledge of SixSigma tools (capability studies, measurement system analysis,…) is an advantage
- Passionate about new technologies, expertise in test report creation and manual work skills are necessary
- Goal oriented, hardworking, responsible, integrative thinker, analytical skills
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.