Contract Manager (Licensing)
Aerospace products and services are used globally on every commercial and business aircraft operating today as well as for defense and space applications. We provide integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions, listening carefully to our customers and focusing on the technologies that best meet their needs to make flying safer, more reliable, more efficient, and more cost effective.
Contract Manager - Licensing will support the contract drafting and negotiation for all Honeywell Enterprises. This position will be supporting the primary Licensing Contract Manager in determining the appropriate agreement usage for the Licensing Center of Excellence (LCoE) team.
Key responsibilities include:
• Support of the primary Licensing Contract Manager in drafting, reviewing and assessing the licensing business opportunity leading to its successful close-out.
• Participation in Licensing CoE initiatives aimed at continuous improvement of the working processes.
• Provide appropriate interpretation of licensing contract language to develop strategy Licensing and Business team is contemplating.
• Collaborate with primary Licensing Contract Manager to develop the appropriate agreement format, terms and conditions for each deal.
• Develop productive working relationship with Licensing CoE and SBU personnel who have a vested in the outcome of the license agreement.
• Ensure strong working relationship with internal customers, creating high customer satisfaction.
• Draft and negotiate legal terms of the licensing agreement.
• Identify issues with current agreement and propose alternative language for future versions.
• Identify and communicate opportunities to improve controls and processes with the license agreement process.
• Demonstrate a confident and well-developed communication style, both written and oral, that establishes credibility and facilitates clear understanding of legal issues and influence change where appropriate.
• Develop productive working relationships with the Licensing CoE and Honeywell Enterprises personnel who have a vested interest in the outcome of the license agreement.
• Contributes to the development of strong working relationships with internal customers, ensuring high customer satisfaction.
• Supports Aerospace Contracts Functional Transformation and Excellence initiatives, as required.
You must have:
• Master's degree or equivalent (Law, Economics, Business Administration).
• 3+ years relevant experience from international law firm or multinational corporation.
• Experience with negotiating.
• Excellent knowledge of English (both spoken and written) including knowledge of legal and business terminology; knowledge of other languages is a plus.
• Very good comprehensive knowledge of contract law; expertise in review, development and drafting complex agreements.
• Knowledge of Anglo-American legal institutes and general understanding of intellectual property protection and licensing.
• General knowledge of licensing agreements.
• MS Office literacy.
• Communications skills (both oral and written); ability to anticipate. informational needs of diverse audiences and tailor communications appropriately.
• Integrity and strong focus on compliance with internal standards and policies: ability to proactively provide guidance to contract management personnel or internal customers as needed.
• Ability to connect facts, experience and observations to draw conclusions not readily apparent to others; ability to balance two seemingly conflicting goals and do well at both.
• Negotiation skills.
• Ability to prioritize work and coordinate multiple tasks within time constraints.
• Fortune 100 company, Legal Hub in Prague & Team of talented professionals.
• Broad industry applications, diverse portfolio.
• Track record of strong financial performance.
• Global footprint.
• Top technology and R&D company.
• Matrix environment.
• Integrity & compliance, diversity as key values.
• Growth opportunities across the region.
• Transparent review systems focusing on development.
• Cross-functional, global projects.
• Variety of EMEA and EMEAI legal roles based at Prague site.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. The applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.