Senior Contract Manager
Aerospace products and services are used globally on every commercial and business aircraft operating today as well as for defense and space applications. We provide integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions, listening carefully to our customers and focusing on the technologies that best meet their needs to make flying safer, more reliable, more efficient, and more cost effective.
This position is responsible for drafting, negotiating and amending contracts at all company locations in the EMEA region, resolving commercial legal and contract related problems that affect the broad spectrum of regional operations and assisting in the establishment of overall policies (and the enforcement thereof) as they relate to contracts and other legally binding business arrangements involving the development, sale and procurement of BU´s products and/or services.
You will ensure that all parts of the business are aware of and follow Honeywell policies when entering into contractual arrangements and for ensuring that appropriate approvals are obtained for contracts in accordance with Honeywell’s Schedule of Executive Approvals.
Key responsibilities include:
• Draft, implement and maintain up to date standard contracts for use in each location for all standard business transactions.
• Review proposed business contracts and identify risk areas to business management with recommendations as to risk containment.
• Oversee with other Honeywell functions to obtain input relative to their areas of expertise, consolidate and incorporate issues of concern into risk containment recommendations.
• Draft appropriate language specifically addressing risk areas for including in bid documentation and contracts.
• Review and approve proposed contracts submitted by product line, sales and purchasing teams.
• Participate as a key member of the negotiating team in contract discussions with customers and suppliers.
• Participate with business team in analyzing risks and proposing solutions to manage those risks Resolve contractual issues during negotiations.
• Promote compliance with all Honeywell policies, including those relating to approval of Sales Intermediaries, Ethical Conduct, Competition Law, Personal Data, Export Control and the Schedule of Executive Approvals.
• Ensure all contractual documentation is complete, accurate and signed by appropriate company personnel in accordance with published policy and signature authority levels.
You must have:
• Degree in Business Law ideal.
• You have extensive knowledge in contract administration/management functions Knowledge of contracts laws and European Union directives.
• Experience of contracts and law related to product development, personal data rights and technology licensing, including PaaS and SaaS, are also helpful.
• You have good grasp of the entire contracting process from Request for Proposal through contract closure, including contract law principles and negotiations. Experience of public procurement laws also desirable.
• You are professional in demeanour, able to work well with and influence others, be a decision-maker and capable of performing under pressure.
• Ability to analyze and critically comment on proposed contract language, and in general expressing self clearly in both written and verbal communication.
• You own excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work autonomously in a fluid/fast-paced, highly collaborative, multinational, team environment Strong experience in negotiating all forms of contract in the best interests of the company.
• You have strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly assess potential for risk and opportunity Strong work ethic and customer service orientation and ability to prioritize conflicting demands from multiple business clients.
• Previous experience of working for a US multinational company in EMEA.
• Fluency in German and English, preferably with one or more regional foreign languages is a bonus.
• Fortune 100 company.
• Broad industry applications, diverse portfolio.
• Track record of strong financial performance.
• Global footprint. Top technology and R&D company. Matrix environment. Integrity & compliance, diversity as key values.
• Career pipeline and Succession strategy in place. Growth opportunities across the region.
• Hub for a legal team in Prague - team of 50 talented and experienced professionals in Prague legal team hub.
• Great development programs and training opportunities.
• Results-oriented culture with a focus on visibility and accountability.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.