Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the world’s most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanization.
Our core businesses – Aerospace, Home and Building Technologies, Safety and Productivity Solutions, and Performance Materials and Technologies – are leaders in their respective industries, driving solutions that make people’s lives better every day. Chances are that there are Honeywell products all around you right now!
Honeywell is uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support critically connected systems that improve homes, buildings, factories, utilities, vehicles and aircraft, and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world. Our solutions enhance the quality of life of people around the globe and create new markets and even new industries.
Honeywell is rapidly transforming into a Software Industrial company and we are developing and launching a comprehensive roadmap of critically connected industry-specific solutions that will generate an increasingly significant multi-Billion-dollar portion of the company’s revenue in the next 5 years. Over half of our engineers globally are developing software to augment our extensive and fast growing Connected technology and services portfolio using the Honeywell Sentience™ platform.
The position of DevOps Systems Engineer is responsible for working with Honeywell Software Engineering teams in an Agile environment to coordinate the architecture, installation, operation and maintenance our tools & applications that are used to implement automation for continuous integration and continuous deploy/delivery (CICD) efforts. The DevOps Systems Engineer will support further automation of the CICD tool-chain and processes to build a world class CICD pipeline and enable Honeywell’s 11k+ Software Engineers to deliver securely, safely, and frequently.
- Streamline software development tools infrastructure & application deploymen
- Solving complex and difficult application integrations, automation and scripting challenges
- Using Voice of the Customer input to remove pain points and streamline development processes
- Debugging of integration, networking and application issues and generating creative solutions
- Support of CICD Pipeline automation tools (both at the application and OS levels)
- Focused on helping teams develop better software with adoption of following DevOps capabilities: Test Automation, Deployment Automation, Trunk-Based Development, Shift Left on Security, Version Control, Monitoring, Proactive Notifications, Loosely Coupled Architecture, Empowered Teams, Continuous Integration, and Test Data Management.
- Partner with other technology teams to ensure correct technology decisions, deliver designs, and technology POC.
- Follow and evangelize enterprise standards to ensure high quality automated environment.
- Be a technologist that supports other team members to adopting and implementing technology to improve the application.
You must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Good working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes
- Experience and understanding of cloud technologies as well as experience with deploying applications using cloud service providers such as Microsoft Azure, AWS. (3-5 years)
- Significant practical experience in operating Linux servers in a production environment
- Practical experience in automated deployment and configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible or equivalent) (2-3 years)
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash and Python (3-5 years)
- Real world experience with container deployment, orchestration and management technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile environment with full stack teams. (3-5 years)
- Experience in deploying and operating commonly used databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Solid understanding of release strategies that minimize or eliminate application downtime
- Technologist that keeps up on the latest technology, best practices and continues to learn and apply those learning's to the Honeywell environment
- Team player that puts team first, willing to make the difficult decision and have the difficult conversation while providing clear technical recommendations to leadership that is best for the long term.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships across disciplines and across the organization
- Good working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Tools (Git/BitBucket, Jenkins/Bamboo, Chef/Puppet/Octopus Deploy, etc)
- Hands on experience on any provisioning tools like Ansible, Chef, and Kaavo.
- 2+ years of experience working in the DevOps landscape with applications in a 24x7x365 environment with no down time.
- Knowledgeable in common SCM practices, such as branching and code merges
- Knowledge of Monitoring and Logging solutions for ensuring high availability of complex systems
- Ability to work within a Team with strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Experience working within an Agile team as a Systems Engineer (2yr+)
- Understanding of Agile practices and ability to use tools such as Jira to enable the delivery of high quality code
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.