Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The position is responsible for NPI related Sourcing activities for Industrial Safety. Managing and steering cross-functional projects related to High Risk materials and commodities. Project management capabilities are mandatory for this role in order to drive cost improvement-sand further developing the sourcing excellence in NPI. Responsible for the timely delivery of sourcing contribution and results for the assigned NPI projects. Use and develop tools for supplier selection and NPI progress.
- Support the NPI process for developing sourcing excellence in NPI. Ensure that the sourcing strategy for NPI supports cost effectiveness and innovation for the business.
- Identify and work to close the gaps in the current supplier base in cooperation with the sourcing team & Supplier Quality. Take ownership and accountability for the sourcing metrics in NPI.
- Promote the use of the PSL and contribute to global negotiation. Launch regular RFQ/e-auctions in the NPI process, put agreements and sourcing plan in place for achieving NPI product cost target and performances. Guide CAPEX request
- Be involved in a very early development stage in order to be able to influence the design of the products that support the business and sourcing strategy at the maximum. Influence and support design to cost and design to market, support the second source strategy that is rolled out.
- Develop together with other functions a prototype strategy that will enable to rapidly develop prototypes.
- Can be responsible for managing CE/VE projects within the LOB, especially the key ones requiring strong collaboration with R&D team.
You must have:
- Graduate degree, preferably commercial in the area of Sourcing
- Min. 5 years experience in strategic Sourcing, preferably in an international manufacturing environment
- Project management knowledge
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, able to carry out successfully high level negotiations with both large and small suppliers
- Understanding of operations management and supply chain processes and principles within an organisation
- Good understanding of the importance of the strategic sourcing function within a lean manufacture org.
- Additional ISC / Sourcing qualification an advantage
- Project management training or certification an advantage
- Experience in working in a matrix organisation an advantage
- Experience of 6 Sigma tools and techniques highly advantageous
- Basic understanding of legal/contractual agreements
- Technical understanding