MEMS Inertial Sensors
Currently we have an opening for a scientist position to work within the Sensor team in Honeywell Advanced Technology Europe.
The area of research and development is the design of advanced electronics for MEMS inertial sensors. The inertial MEMS sensor under design is a complex electromechanical system of which performance is heavily influenced by multiple effects such as thermal, vibrations and shock effects as well as manufacturing imperfections. Front-end readout electronics is an inseparable part of the sensor predetermining its parameters.
In his role, the scientist will be asked to get acquainted with the device principle, designs, and analyze the existing electronics architectures and to cooperate with external parties to support the implementation into ASIC. In addition, the scientist will be asked to participate during experimental validation of the designs.
The scientist is expected to participate in development of new concepts and technologies for future aerospace and space applications. This will include understanding the customer requirements, translating those into device and product requirements perform trade studies, writing research and development proposals and potentially project and team management.
Currently there are multiple projects in the area of MEMS sensor design under execution. The main customers are: European Space Agency, Technology Agency of the Czech Republic, Honeywell International s.r.o., Airbus, Dassault aviation, etc.
You must have:
- Masters or Doctorate Degree in Electrical Engineering with focus on Electronics,
- Microelectronics and/or Microsensors
- Experience in: Low noise analogue electronics design
- Interfacing between MEMS, analog/mixed and digital designs
- Evaluation and validation of designs in the laboratory including preparation test plans and interpretation of tests results
- Good command of the English language
- Strong aptitude for Research & Development
- Experience with layouts for MEMS and/ or ASICs is a plus
- Experience in system level design is a plus
- Knowledge of MEMS based sensors and silicon processing (MEMS, ASIC) is a plus
Interest in inertial navigation systems is a plus