Software Engineer for R&D Projects
Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS) dynamically expands its activities in research and development (R&D) centre in Brno, Czech Republic. Established in 2003, this is the largest R&D centre in Europe for Honeywell.
This position is a part of Aerospace group, the world's leading supplier of avionics systems, products and services for commercial and business aircraft as well as for defense and space applications.
Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software applications within Honeywell. You will be an integral member of the Honeywell Brno Aerospace Software V&V team.
• Generate innovative solutions in work situations;
• Try different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
• Use your skill-set to provide value-added software features to our products for our customers.
• Accelerate innovation and growth, teaming with the world's most talented engineers.
• Verification and validation of real-time embedded control software.
• Verification and validation include the testing and documentation of the software in accordance with RTCA DO-178 guideline.
• Additional work includes: the development of SW tools to aid in the software testing, customer support, certification processes.
• The job assignment may vary based on primary managers’ directives.
• Travelling might be required.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
• Ability to develop efficient and high-quality software in C/C++ language/documentation. Previous experience in this area is a must have.
• Proficiency in both spoken and written English.
• Knowledge of commercial airborne standards
• Python experience.
• Experience with the software development life cycle (i.e. design, implementation, testing)
• Knowledge of software design tools
• Knowledge of software configuration management tools
• Knowledge of requirements management tools
• Experience in development of real-time embedded software
• Capability and willingness to travel
• Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
• Effective communicator.
• Can quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts.
• Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
• Team player motivated to develop a career in Aerospace industry in a multinational company.
• Extremely reliable, trustworthy and highest ethical standards.