Sr NPI Quality Engineer
The NPI Quality Engineer leads the development and introduction of quality systems to support the Research, Development and Introduction of new products. Has responsibility for quality engineering oversight, quality systems implementation including test and inspection plans and product reliability during product development, verification, validation and design transfer whilst ensuring compliance to Quality System Regulations.
Facilitates and assists w/ managing quality engineering tasks, which includes influencing objectives, timelines, work schedules, and leading communications within the business.
• Follows and provides all the required quality deliverables for all NPI phase gates.
• Participates in Critical Engineering Reviews to ensure product and process meet DFM and DFR.
• Lead or assists Corrective Action Teams for both Internal and External.
• Develops Design Quality Reports for management.
• Leads moderately complex teams regarding investigations, inspection programs, advanced quality planning & testing, and related areas, develops and reviews a variety of reports, documents, and tests, and adjusts operations or activities as needed.
• Ensures that customer requirements are incorporated into product functional specifications and lead risk and failure analysis to ensure functional specification requirements are fully met during design validation.
• Working from the design input requirements, functional specifications and risk analysis, develop necessary confidence levels and to achieve a robust verification and validation process (including test planning and executing). Interpret test results to predict product reliability.
• Provides process validation support both internally, and external (customers/vendors).
• Develops and provides input to process validation protocols. Coordinates inspections & analyzes the results. Ensures agreement on inspection techniques, equipment and acceptance criteria.
• Designs and implements new inspection technology, metrology equipment, functional gauges and fixtures to facilitate development, incoming and in-process inspection.
• Develops supplier quality systems related to new product development and ensures their ability to deliver new products and components (suppliers PPAP).
• Lead the resolution, analysis, problem solving and resolution of new product related customer complaints.
YOU MUST HAVE
-Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
-8+ years of directly related work experience in at least 4 of the following areas (quality must be 1 of the 4): Operation, APQP, Engineering Design, Design Manufacturing, Materials, Procurement, Six Sigma, Lean, and Program Management.
-3+ years of experience in using of process control tools such as FMEA, PMAP, Cpk Analysis.
-5+ years of experience reading and interpreting complex engineering drawings and demonstrate a proficiency with geometrical dimensioning and tolerance.
- Green belt required - Lean Expert / Black Belt preferred
- A comprehensive knowledge of quality, regulatory, military, commercial, and industry/customer standards is preferred.
- Experience with new product introduction including direct experience in launching new products and processes including validation testing.
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM/CAE computer systems.
- Demonstrated ability to operate small hand tool, inspection equipment.
- Demonstrated mechanical and/or electrical problem solving skills.
- Candidate must be fluent in English.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills to handle difficult or escalated situations during supplier strategy meetings.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills to evaluate and identify appropriate alternative courses of action for definition and resolution of problems that are highly unusual and/or complex.