Responsibilities of the role:
- Independently provides on-site service on Combustion (burner system) and other
equipment: involving startup, repair, troubleshooting, training, preventive
maintenance and safety review.
- Documents repair and actions on Service Reports and follows proper procedures
to complete the service process.
- Maintains company assets; company car, test equipment and inventory securely
and in working condition.
- Develops customer relationships in their respective area to generate labor, spare
part and adjacent revenues. Works with junior field service technicians to help
develop greater customer awareness and loyalty.
- Provides on-call emergency telephone support on a rotating basis (is not valid for
now but could happen in the future)
- Inputs to service management, technical service or engineering on possible
repetitive problems and suggests solutions.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the Service to help
ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Works with service management, sales, and internal support groups to resolve customer problems.
- Trains junior field service technicians as needed.
- Serves as a role model for other field service technicians.
- Develops procedures and protocols to help improve service operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill and ability required to lead as the company Field Service Engineer.
- Ability to troubleshoot using schematics and PID’s.
- Successfully supports greater than 85%.
- Good application knowledge with at least 2 process lines. Metals, Glass, Food, CHP or Auto.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software and Service Works database contact management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Electrical education in accordance to the legal requirements
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer's job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up heavy weights. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Job ID: HRD44805
- Category: Customer/Product Support
- Location: V Parku 2326/18, budova 10,2.&3.p., Prague, AA 14800 CZE