The System Engineer is responsible for engineering, development, configuration, testing and commissioning of the
- Control & Monitoring System (CMS) application for Airfield Ground Lighting (AGL) and/or
- Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS).
You also support bids for new projects or the development of new products and collaborates with the bid team and the product managers respectively regarding design and estimation.
In addition, the System Engineer works with customers to define Technical Requirements Specifications, modifying config tables and writing scripts to provide operational enhancements as requested by the customer and agreed with the Project Manager.
The System Engineer reports to the Honeywell Airport Business Engineering Manager Europe/Americas.
What would be scope of your job?
- Provide Advanced Engineering & Application Management Support in projects and for the day to day operation of the AGL CMS and/or VDGS
- Establish & manage onsite Software Configuration Management System
- Analyze the system logs and initiate necessary measures to ensure high availability for the system.
- Carryout simulations and tests for real jobs on test environment
- Support installation of software at customer location or remotely, as & when required
- Support troubleshooting of software remotely or at customer locations, as & when required
- Provide First Level technical assistance against any software bugs encountered while installing, testing and commissioning on-site
- Develop and maintain engineering and project documentation
- Maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code
- Implement performance and quality modules
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Coordinate proposed changes with Center of Excellence in Hamburg as well as R&D in India
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Provide direction and assistance for engineering design, solution development, design verification and support to Airports Projects and Sales groups with the aim to ensure best valued engineered solutions
- Support Sales and Product Management for customer and product demos
- Conduct Technical Risk Reviews where required in Sales Approval process
What is the "must" for us?
- Software development experience for large software systems in C++
- Change management experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Honeywell’s product offerings and solutions
- Well-developed project management skills
- A proven track record of delivery and success in the areas of problem solving and process change/improvement
- Ability to work effectively across a large geographic spread in a virtual engineering group environment
- Proficiency in documentation is essential
- Experience in testing is preferred
- Understanding of routing, switching, multi path in network is preferred
- Good database knowledge (especially mySQL) is preferred
- Experience with airport operations or aviation systems in general is a plus
What can we offer to you?
- Environment of international company
- Possibility to change something
- Attractive environment in the business centre The Park - walking distance from the metro station Chodov
- Flexible working hours
- Annual salary increase based on your work performance
- Amazing space for professional and career growth - training and internal education program, e-learning, language courses
- Company benefits - 5 weeks holiday, meal vouchers, supplementary pension insurance, mobile plan, company events, charity projects and team-buildings
V Parku 2326/18
148 00 Praha 4