Reporting and Accounting Specialist
Aerospace products and services are used globally on every commercial and business aircraft operating today as well as for defense and space applications. We provide integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions, listening carefully to our customers and focusing on the technologies that best meet their needs to make flying safer, more reliable, more efficient, and more cost effective.
We are looking for a Reporting and Accounting Specialist, who will be located in the EMEA Center of Technical Accounting (COTA). This person will report to the COTA Manager, and it has responsibility for internal controlling of the accounting activities and processes, underpinning accurate application, compliance and timely update.
Controlling is ensured for areas of accounting, reporting, reconciliation and archiving. Responsibility covers the EMEA region which is supported by accounting centers in COTA Prague, HGFC/CG India and RFC Romania.
In addition, this role interacts with the US Consolidation and Controlling Teams and communicates results, findings, directives amendments and accounting policies on behalf of the EMEA region.
Control activities focus on performance in area of general and manufacturing accounting. Controlling is performed in accordance with US-GAAP standards, Honeywell policies and local statutory accounting requirements.
What will you do:
- Plan and implement continuous improvement and efficient initiatives in all areas of accounting, reporting, reconciliation and archiving processes in compliance with HON requirements and policies, SOX requirements
- Document and conduct necessary detailed checks and reviews to identify the gaps vs. policies and potential improvements in all areas across the teams to improve quality deliverables;
- Design and standardize processes across all teams within EMEA region in all areas as well as identify the best practice across all COTAs;
- Conduct account reconciliation process and apply follow up steps;
- Actively interact with all teams to allow new updates and applications on timely matter;
- Сooperate on preparation of supportive documentation for financial reports reviews or audits;
- Travel at least once per year to each COTA location
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience in controlling/auditing
- Experience in controlling, auditing, due diligence in general and/or manufactory accounting
- Fluent in English language both oral and written skills
- US GAAP/IFRS, SOX knowledge
- Proficient in SAP and Microsoft Office Products
- Analytical Skills – Process and Financial Analysis
- Process and Results Orientated
- Initiative and positive attitude, self-starter, get-things-done attitude, good communication skills
- Lean Six Sigma certification is a big advantage
What we can offer you:
- Working with international colleagues from different countries to help you improve your language skills
- Attractive environment in the business center The Park - walking from the metro station Chodov
- Flexible working hours
- Annual salary increase based on your work performance
- Space for professional and career growth - training and internal education program, e-learning, language courses
V parku 2326/18
148 00 Praha-Chodov