Lead System Engineer for SATCOM
Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS) dynamically expands its activities in research and development (R&D) centre in Brno, Czech Republic. Established in 2003, this is the largest R&D centre in Europe for Honeywell. Our engineers and scientists develop products and technologies that are linked to our business units: Aerospace, Automation and Controls Solutions and Transportation Systems.
This position is a part of Aerospace group, the world's leading supplier of avionics systems, products and services for commercial and business aircraft as well as for defense and space applications.
Satellite Communication (SATCOM) team in Brno is looking for Lead System Engineer for various SATCOM products called Satellite Data Units (SDU)s. These products are typically in the Aircraft and ensure the proper communication (data and voice) is delivered from Aircraft to ground via Satellite. Those units typically require a software update, occasionally HW updates as well. Whole system is embedded oriented, SW is typically written in C and/or C++, Python.
• Translating customer requirements into system level requirements
• Communication with Software teams to ensure the requirements are fully understood
• Communication with Hardware teams to ensure the requirements are fully understood
• Lead and perform system level testing as a black box
• Delivering certification documentation according to Arinc DO-178C level D (SW), DO-160 (HW), DO-262 (SATCOM)
• Mentoring of junior colleagues
• Communication with customers (Bombardier, potentially Airbus, Inmarsat)
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field
• Fluent level of English language
• At least 4 years of experience as a Senior System Engineer or SW Architect - candidate has to understand the architecture of SATCOM embedded system
• Previous experience with system/software requirements is a must
• Communication skills - daily communication within team and customers
• Python knowledge is advantage
We can offer:
• Opportunity to get the PPL (Private Pilot License)
• Work in multinational team and company - use your English daily
• Yearly performance increase
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• We offer flexible working hours to improve your work-life balance
• Need a break from PC? Challenge your colleagues to have a table football match or billiard game in our Relax room!
• A complex system of benefits including extra week of holidays, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system and more...
627 00 Brno-Slatina