Global Commodity Lead Buyer
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Honeywell Transportation Systems team! Transportation Systems is the true pioneer of automotive turbocharging dating back more than 60 years, and continues today as the world's leader in turbo technology solutions and an experienced supplier of electric boosting products and automotive software to support passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment. With a worldwide footprint of engineering centers, testing labs and manufacturing facilities, Transportation Systems serves all major automotive companies to implement key differentiated technology offerings.
As a testimony to its success, in 2018 Honeywell will be spinning off the Transportation Systems business into a stand-alone, publicly traded company. Being a stand-alone company will provide Transportation Systems the independence, focus, direct financial resources, and flexibility required to adapt quickly to market and customer dynamics, and we want you to be part of its evolution. Both new and existing employees will have a more direct benefit from the company’s performance in a multitude of ways.”
What would be scope of your job?
Responsible to ensure that purchased goods, materials and services and company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. You will hold responsibility for a specific project/region/business or hold a larger remit in terms of purchasing. You will negotiate midsize value contracts, complex requirements and meeting internal client objectives while achieving maximum overall cost effectiveness. You will directly interact with your internal stakeholders and with external vendors.
- Meets AOP/STRAP performance objectives on his scope, while leveraging HTT’s global spend.
- Supports sub-commodity strategy activities on his assigned scope under the supervision of the Commodity Manager:
- Builds Supplier Panel for the Worldwide/Regions operational requirements (project & production).
- Ensures commercial & industrial market expertise of the Sub-Commodity. Keeps HTT informed of all relevant Technological & market trends and economical changes.
- Leads new supplier integration process in the Panel: performs supplier prospection, supplier assessments (CSA), Supplier development.
- Ensures platforms, customer teams current and future needs are identified and answered by his sub-commodity strategy.
- Meets AOP objectives on his Sub-Commodity:
- Builds and consolidates productivity action plans for its sub-commodity (Negotiation, VE, HLRR…). Defines Corrective action plans with Operations Buyers to ensure AOP objectives are met.
- Conducts negotiations with assigned suppliers.
- Generates & consolidate VAVE – HLRR ideas for global projects, collect ideas from suppliers. Build Business cases when VE Idea Leader is not in the Sourcing Operations.
- Supports new product launches in coordination with NPI team.
- Manages advance purchase for his commodity (phase 0 to 2).
- Manages performance for assigned suppliers: review monthly metrics, leads supplier performance reviews and fosters improvement of supplier’s performance. Leads supplier development projects with the support of SQ&D.
- Supports escalation of operational issues with impacted Buyer.
- Holds the role of Regional Strategic Support for the Commodity: identify & develop new suppliers, support localization Strategy, identify & consolidate futures needs in the region, support Steering Committee preparation for Regional Projects (China for China, India for India…).
What we need?
- Bachelor degree
- Several years experience in a purchasing or planning environment
- English fluent, any other language is a plus
- Experience in automotive industry
What we value?
- Working knowledge of purchasing systems and methodologies
- Strong communication skills and a team player
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize problem solving
- Planning, negotiations and agreements/contract management experience
- Good technical knowledge of Procurement/sourcing
What we can offer to you?
- Build your career with and across Honeywell
- Attractive environment in the business center The Park - walking from the metro station Chodov
- Space for professional and career growth - training and internal education program, e-learning, language courses
- Company benefits - 5 weeks holiday, meal vouchers, supplementary pension insurance, mobile plan, snacks at the workplace, company events, charity projects and teambuilding