Software Design Engineer - Senior
Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS) dynamically expands its activities in research and development (R&D) centre in Brno, Czech Republic. Established in 2003, this is the largest R&D centre in Europe for Honeywell. Our engineers and scientists develop products and technologies that are linked to our business units: Aerospace, Automation and Controls Solutions and Transportation Systems.
This position is a part of Aerospace group, the world's leading supplier of avionics systems, products and services for commercial and business aircraft as well as for defense and space applications.
Accelerate innovation and growth, teaming with the world's most talented engineers! Become a part of Aerospace Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) team, which is devoted to develop and maintain software for aircraft - land communication and aircrafts' navigation systems.
This role is based in Honeywell Brno.
- Develop embedded / desktop application software in C/C++
- Requirements and architecture creation/modification
- Code creation/modification (including debugging and troubleshooting)
- Test cases, procedures, and scripts creation/modification
- Tests execution (both informal and formal runs)
- Documentation creation
- Certification support
- Development and configuration of the development / automatic test environment setup
We expect from you:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with embedded / application software development (e.g. C, C++, SDL) and design / test automation
- Communicative command of English
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python) is a plus
- Knowledge of management tools is a plus
- Experience with project planning and effort estimation is a plus
- Are you interested in technical lead role? We can promote you in a short time
We can offer:
• Work in multinational team and company - use your English daily
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• We offer flexible working hours to improve your work-life balance
• A complex system of benefits including extra week of holidays, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system and more...
• Opportunity to get the PPL (Private Pilot License)
• Yearly performance increase