Supplier Quality Engineer
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
What would be scope of your job?
This Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) position is responsible for supporting and enabling the Aerospace Supplier Performance Management Transition Supplier Quality Team. This SQE work responsibility is centered on performing: the Quality function standard work embedded in the Honeywell Standard Transition Process (STP) defined in AP 1120, the Honeywell Supplier Common Assessment (HSCA) tool, and the supplier selection process.
- Responsible for working on the assigned transition projects with global Project/ GS&I team
- Responsible for ensuring compliance and flow down of regulatory agency, government regulations, engineering specifications, customer requirements and company policies/procedures.
- Responsibility includes performing and monitoring the Quality Function Honeywell Standard Transition Process Key Deliverables. The key deliverables include but are not limited to providing the product/site flow down requirements to supplier, leading the HSCA, preparing a part risk mitigation plan, mentoring the Last Article Inspection Report (LAIR)/FAIR plan, mentoring the Process Control approach, establishing and inputting financial cost estimates and mentoring the Sourcing Readiness Review.
- Responsible for ensuring that the go to supplier performance is dramatically better than the previous supplier.
- Responsible to support commodity hardware transitions, the supplier rationalization process/sourcing plans and the development/implementation of STP supplier quality improvement plans.
- Robust analytical ability to evaluate and identify appropriate alternative courses of action for definition and resolution of problems that are highly unusual and/or complex.
- Global Mindset: Capable of working effectively across borders with employees, customers and shareholders to develop business opportunities that lie beyond community and country borders. Supports sourcing for representing quality to manufacture, deliver products and services efficiently/effectively globally. *Understand commercial, legal,
financial and human resource systems in countries where the business operates.
- Able to foster Teamwork & Diversity.
- Highly motivated ability to mentor, coach, and mitigate areas requiring improvement.
- Updating & presenting the status to leadership as per assigned MOS
- Provide first line of oversight to the aerospace supplier selection committee on matters of controlled source, NADCAP, FAA and export compliance
- Travel is required ~30%
What we need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Production/ supply chain/ material Engineering or equivalent
- 5 - 8 years of working experience in manufacturing organization like machining, casting, sheet metal, Electro-mechanical etc
- Experience on Six sigma/ quality Tools and APQP process (PFMEA, Control plan, SPC MSA etc)
What we value?
- Hands on work ethic
- Regulatory understanding
- Provide clear and concise communications
- Greenbelt Certified
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of six sigma tools
- Ability to partner with others on projects
- Understanding of quality processes
What we can offer to you?
- Build your career with and across Honeywell
- Attractive environment in the business center The Park - walking from the metro station Chodov
- Space for professional and career growth - training and internal education program, e-learning, language courses
- Company benefits - 5 weeks holiday, meal vouchers, supplementary pension insurance, mobile plan, snacks at the workplace, company events, charity projects and teambuilding