Sr Systems Engineering Supervisor – Flight Control Actuation
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for Sr Systems Engineering Supervisor to join a team developing electronic control units for Electro-Mechanical Flight Control Actuation systems. You will lead a team developing safety critical and complex products for various types of aircraft belonging to Urban Air Mobility market segment.
In Honeywell Brno, we have been building centre of excellence in Flight control Actuation Systems constituting a huge opportunity to participate in technology edge development projects enabling career growth.
You will be responsible for a small team and will be involved in every aspect of the controller development life cycle, including negotiation with customers, estimate creation, planning, design, build, verification, flight test support and certification. You will cooperate closely with global Honeywell resources and external suppliers to define and align product designs with customer’s system requirements.
• Provide clear direction, goals, expectations, development plans and performance assessment
• Hiring of electronic HW designers, systems engineers
• Mentoring and coaching the team
• Hands on / working leader - support technical leadership of Electro-Mechanical Flight Control Actuation development team
• Support project planning
• Performance evaluation
• Provide general oversight to work packages
• Ensure resources needed for the controller development
• Reporting on the controller design status, team highlights and escalations to local and global leadership
• Ensuring product compliance with customer specification
• University degree in Electronics, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics field
• At least 3 years’ experience with leading a team (technical lead or people manager)
• Good technical background (electrical/ hardware/ software).
• Ability to plan and lead projects
• Advanced command of English language is mandatory (B2/C1) - communication in English (spoken and written) with global teams
• Self-motivation to learn and grow, ability to work with little supervision, consistent taking the initiative to get things done, doing things before being asked by others or forced to by events
Please note that due to export restrictions, we will only be able to take into consideration applicants with an EU or US citizenship.
• Knowledge of product development lifecycle containing electronic equipment and software
• Good business judgment and common sense before acting
• Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
• Multi-tasking and ability to manage a variety of complicated tasks and people
• Ability to readily and decisively intervene and find resourceful ways to remove obstacles in order to move the work forward or get efforts back on track.
• Your previous working experience from Aerospace will be beneficial
• Being part of an established team in an area defining new era of Aerospace industry
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.