Sr Advanced Software Engineer - Java - HCE
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a Sr Advanced Software Engineer to join our Honeywell Connected Enterprise team in Brno. We are part of Software Engineering productivity team responsible for offering tools and services to Honeywell globally. We are looking for a candidate to strengthen our team located in Brno, Czech Republic, who will help us with development of our unique custom-developed product. Our product is providing unified permission management for our growing tools ecosystem consisting of tens of services and tools. We are integrated with world leading software tools via existing APIs or we extend existing APIs in order to provide robust and highly performing service. Our development lifecycle uses agile methodology and leverages CI/CD principles.
• Solve complex problems involving thousands of users and dozens of engineering tools integrated using REST API
• Own the feature, propose solution based on customer need, design and implement
• Take part in code reviews to ensure the code meets industry standards
• Proactively work on technical debt and propose/implement changes for tool's continuous improvement
• 5 years working experience with Java 8
• Web-oriented development, REST API
• Advanced command of English language
• Self-organized mindset
• Agile development experience
• Ability to make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
• Analytical influencer with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
• Interesting product used by global network
• Being part of a great team with solid know-how
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.