5G Engineer – Communication and Surveillance
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Join us as a 5G Engineer and participate on the development of future technologies for avionic systems in the Communication and Surveillance department. You will be part of the team working on technologies for drones and urban air mobility, including features provided by cellular networks - 4G/5G.
Unveiling Our Next-Gen. Avionics Lab for Urban Air Mobility and Unmanned Aerial Systems.
Honeywell Detect-and-Avoid Tech for Unmanned Aircraft and Urban Air Mobility
The engineering work in Advanced technology is not the routine implementation of features into existing products or bug fixing, but rather exploring technologies, finding new ways, designing concepts and prototyping. We pay attention to building a culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation.
5G Engineer responsibilities:
• Design, implement, test and integrate features provided by 4G/5G networks for prototypes and proof of concepts
• Gather, analyze, review requirements, specifications and participate in architecture definition, including feasibility studies
• Be part of the internal 5G steering committee and build differentiating offers for our customers
• Liaise with research scientists and SW/HW design engineers on systems integration, build prototypes and participate in validation during flight testing
• Build technologies for future means of travelling and goods delivery
• Contribute to technical documentation and presentations to customers
• Introduce new innovative ideas and concepts for communication and positioning using 4G/5G networks
• Be a part of negotiations/technical discussions with telecommunication companies and research centers
• Education in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with focus on telecommunication networks
• Mobile HW knowledge - not limited only to BTS, modems, RF
• Practical experience with RAN
• Advanced command of English language
• Reliable, trustworthy team player
• Knowledge of network technologies (conventional network stack)
• Knowledge of embedded systems design, 4G/5G modems
• Strong aptitude for Research & Development
• Capability to coordinate and support necessary development and validation activities
• Good technical and business knowledge of the telecommunication environment
• Ability to think out of the box – both from aeronautical and telecommunication perspectives, to give us a key advantage over competitors in using 4G/5G in the best way
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.