Head of Airworthiness
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a Head of Airworthiness (HoA) to join our Honeywell Aerospace team in Prague or Brno. This position is offering a challenging position in leading the certification process of novel HON products integration on various CS-25 platforms in the aftermarket segment. You will handle the technical and personal leadership for the whole certification team. You will be a reliable advisor in all questions related to airworthiness, environmental protection approvals and certification.
The HoA reports directly to the Head of Design Organisation (HDO) and has no hierarchical employees reporting to him. However all Compliance Verification Engineers of Honeywell Design Organisation (DO) report “functionally” to the HoA.
• Work closely with HON internal organizations and departments to identify and plan future projects.
• Lead the Type Investigation process, prepare certification program, plans and co-ordination of all tasks related to Type Investigation, keep track of their evolution, create internal verification and submit to the Agency.
• Build and maintain viable liaison between the DO and the Agency.
• Interpretation of CS and environmental protection requirements and requesting decisions of the Agency in case of doubt.
• Ensuring that all compliance documents and supporting tests are prepared as necessary to show compliance with all CS, OSD and environmental protection requirements, as well as for completeness, and signing for release of the documents
• Coach, train, lead and mentor DO team members on a regular basis
• Ensuring that the all procedures or manuals approved by the Agency, including any subsequent revisions are checked to determine that they meet the respective requirements, and that they are provided to the Agency for approval
• Bachelors/master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering
• Min of 3 years of professional experience with proven track record in certification of EASA and FAA CS-23/CS-25 aircraft (preferred avionics and communication systems)
• Experience and detailed knowledge of the relevant Part 21 requirements (especially subpart J)
• Experience and detailed knowledge of design procedures, especially the procedures relevant to the classification, compliance demonstration, certification and continued airworthiness process
• Experience with EASA liaison
• Relevant skills in project management and team coordination
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Competitive salary
• Benefit package including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced with novel HON products and be part of a new growing team
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.