Sr BackUp & Virtualization Administrator
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us shape the future?
The Enterprise Services Compute and Connectivity Platform Organization designs, implements, and operates a state-of-the-art Information Systems Infrastructure serving around 110,000 employees, in over 900 locations across 65 plus countries. We work with the latest and emerging technologies to deliver scalable, robust, always available infrastructure services around the world. We deliver services that connect, host, virtualize, store, collaborate, integrate, compute and transact business solutions that utilize the cloud, automation, analytics, “as a Service”, BIG data, and software-defined.
The Backup Engineer will be primarily responsible for running the daily activities ensuring the security and integrity of company data, databases, servers, and applications. This job is part of the Enterprise Compute Infrastructure team and includes collecting requirements and assisting with the design, recommendation, and implementation of on-premise and cloud-based backup and recovery platforms. This person is also responsible for making improvements to the existing systems to optimized and improve the reliability and availability of recovery technologies. Additionally, candidates will be responsible for participating in Disaster Recovery exercises on a periodic basis.
• Providing input to the Storage, Backup, and Security strategy, including ownership for all data classification.
• Provide oversite to Honeywell IT in backup and storage platform optimization, monitoring and lifecycle management
• Capture requirements and assist with the implementation of on-premise and cloud-based storage and backup solutions
• Ensure proactive capacity and performance management
• Manage enterprise-scale backup systems including VERITAS NetBackup, Cohesity, Commvault, VMWARE VEEAM, and Dell/EMC Avamar
• Accountable for technology roadmaps related to backup technologies
• Fix performance issues related to backup workloads
• Participate in calls with other members to address and solve application and or infrastructure related issues
You must have
• A bachelor’s degree; preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Business-Related Field
• Minimum of 8 years of enterprise backup experience including maintaining and troubleshooting large high-demand installations on Veritas/Symantec Netbackup and/or 2 years supporting Cohesity with at least 6 years of Netbackup, TSM or Avamar/Networker
• A good technical experience/ expertise with applications to integrate with backup software and recovery
• Expertise in cloud data protection and storage options provided by major cloud providers, to include: AWS (AMAZON) and Microsoft Azure
• Solid understanding of Networking concepts such as TCP/IP, VPN, NFS/SMB/ CIFS/SCSI protocols, encryption methods, and the installation and configuration of their associated Network infrastructure.
• Experience with ServiceNow or another similar formal Service Management platform and/or methodology
• Experience with Hyper-Converged Infrastructure technology platforms like Nutanix, Dell VXRail, Dell VRTX, Dell Flex OS to create the strategy/direction for enterprise infrastructure
• VMWare, Linux, and Windows experience
• Automation experience and backup integration with Service now reporting
• Creative and collaborative problem-solving capability
• Technical certifications in VMware or Hyperconverged space
• Experience with data protection, business continuity and disaster recovery options, configuration, and execution
• The ability to be a change agent and promote positive change in the organization demonstrating a drive for continual improvement and efficiency
• Excellent oral, written and collaborative communication skills, including executive-level communications
If you believe this is the perfect role, then we'd love to hear from you, and apply.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce culture.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.