Design Engineer - Mechanical
Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, craft and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. We are a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity.
This position is responsible for a variety of tasks that requires the use and application of advanced research methods and tools in order to advance the technical expertise and products of Honeywell Aerospace, at a professional level. Employee fully and independently uses deep technical knowledge to complete projects. This position is responsible for leading the projects with different complexity within the specific technical domain. The employee is acknowledged as an authority in the field of research and development.
- Recognizes new technology for potential application to Honeywell products and cooperates with Honeywell staff to influence technical impacts on products and business needs.
- Cooperates with the business to build, evaluates and extends the product lines.
- Interacts with peers and superiors to define technical requirements and present technical accomplishments.
- Ensures the technical project lead and project team supervision.
- Participates on the preparation of new projects (with internal / external customer, grant projects)
- Cooperates on, and coordinates the preparation of plans for the projects and programs, defines project milestones and is able to calculate the appropriate project costs.
- Participates in the project research and development activities.
- Works independently or with cross-functional teams to improve technical processes. Develops and applies advanced methodologies and technologies to improve products. Provides insight and analyzes risks and opportunities and adjusts product/project plans accordingly.
- Interprets and presents results of work performed and recommends developments for new, broad technologies, and presents final project report to customers and management. Interacts with team to anticipate and resolve the project issues and priorities.
- Provides technical direction and oversight for the project team and as an acknowledge authority in the technical area is involved in more projects.
- Participates and defines of novel mechanical concepts to overcome conflicting requirements and challenging technical criteria
- Participates and optimizes selected mechanical concepts to demonstrate the best available performance
- Participates on an evaluation of the use of cutting-edge materials and manufacturing processes in cooperation with local experts
- Participates and ensures functionality and manufacturability of final design by engineering analyses & calculations
- Participates and designs of mechanical assemblies and parts and preparation of prototype manufacturing documentation according to internal standards & procedures
- Participate on definition of tests and acceptance test procedures
- Participate on safety & reliability evaluations of electro-mechanical systems
- Provide technical expertise and support to multiple technology development teams
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Masters or Doctorate Degree in mechanical engineering, engineering mechanics or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience
- Professional CAD system knowledge (Siemens NX preferred)
- Mechanical / Electro-mechanical systems design experience
- Orientation in embedded systems area
- Technical writing skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a large team
- Effective communication to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences including external
- Knowledge of written and spoken English
WE ALSO VALUE:
- Self-motivated; ability to work without detailed work direction
- Ability to solve new and non-standard technical problems
- Ability to work multi-tasks, tenacious and possess excellent problem-solving skills
- Analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and coordinate the team and technology on a system level
If you believe this is the perfect role, then we'd love to hear from you, and apply.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce culture.