GL Junior Accountant/ GL Accountant
We invent, build and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. If you desire an exciting, meaningful opportunity with outstanding potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
The General Ledger Accountant within the EMEA Center of Technical Accounting (COTA) will report to the Direct Team Leader and have a responsibility for all accounting activities linked with the entity belonging to the COTA team portfolio. The responsibilities will include executing all accounting transactions connected with General Ledger with exception of booking supplier’s invoices, and ensuring that all accounting transactions are performed in accordance with US-GAAP, Honeywell policy and local statutory accounting principles.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure accuracy of accounting records on SAP inclusive of the sub ledger accounts and General Ledger Balances.
- Ensure all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Ensure all banking and intercompany transactions are posted.
- Ensure all accruals and prepayments are booked as required.
- Calculation and booking of payroll entries.
- Ensure all pre-close and close operations are completed on time.
- Ensure all intercompany invoices are raised as per given deadlines.
- Ensure final closing reports are completed correctly.
- Cooperation with colleagues, provide support when required.
- Maintain administrative tasks.
Education, Qualifications, Experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Experience in General Ledger accounting.
- Analytical Skills - Business and Financial Analysis.
- Proficient in SAP and Microsoft Office Products.
- English Language skills, both oral and written required.
- Process and results oriented.
- Initiative, positive attitude, self-starter, get-things-done attitude.