Why Should You Join Us?
We are a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries worldwide. We invent, craft and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. We want you to join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity.
INNOVATE TO SOLVE THE WORLD'S MOST IMPORTANT CHALLENGES
Are you passionate about Aeronautics? Do you want to participate in modern solutions crafting the Aerospace industry? Then become a member of Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE) team. Be part of HCE namely Honeywell Go Direct Connected Maintenance initiative.
Our Aircraft Management Systems (AMS) department is growing Data Analytics team, and we are looking for a Data Engineer. The team works on Predictive Maintenance solutions and you will belong to the team crafting, building, and maintaining our Big Analytics platform and massive data stores on which our data technologies run.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
• Map, build up, and maintain the Big Data system processes connected with SQL and NoSQL data to be fault-tolerant and scalable
• Design, develop, and sustain cross-platform ETL/transformation processes and maintain dimensions and reference lookup dictionaries
• Help to develop guidelines, standards, and processes to ensure the highest data quality and integrity in the data stores residing on the Big Analytics system.
• Participate in setting strategy and standards through data architecture and implementation bringing to bear mass data and analytics systems and applications.
• Participate with data scientists and product managers to understand their data requirements for existing and future projects on data analytics applications and acquire/prepare that data – and later deploy the models
• Support IT and data owners to understand the types of data collected in various databases and data warehouses and define the migration strategy to move existing data into the Big Data platform including a Data Lake
• Learn and employ domain expertise about the aircraft systems
Do you have following experience and skills?
• Bachelor degree in computer science, IT, engineering, or other meaningful field
• Familiarity in scripting languages (Python, bash, Ruby, etc.)
• You are experienced in crafting, deploying, and supporting SQL and/or Big Data systems and solutions
• Understanding of NoSQL data principals on conceptual level
• You have experience in migrating data from data sources (MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL etc.) into Hadoop platform using Hadoop technology (Spark, Hive, NiFi, Pig, Sqoop, etc.)
• You enjoy exploring and learning new technologies and demonstrate ability to quickly adapt to new things
• Communicative command of English language
• Proactivity and Problem Solving Attitude
• Keen business insight to recognize and recommend cost-effective and scalable platform solutions that best meet our business needs
• Ability to execute projects using an agile and good interpersonal approach in a multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment
• Comfortable working in a dynamic, research and development environment with several ongoing concurrent projects
• Spark hands-on experience (Scala or PySpark)
• Familiarity with CI/CD systems such as Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.
• Experience in NoSQL solutions (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB etc.) and running unstructured data Masters or PhD degrees in meaningful fields.
• Certification in Hadoop and other big data tools and technologies
• Experience with open source data processing frameworks
• Experience with data management on public cloud hosting services (e.g., Azure)
• Experience with predictive analytics or machine learning
• Experience with web analytics and handling external data streams (e.g., social media)
• Experience with Agile software development methodology using tool such as JIRA
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
What we can offer?
• Gain experience with latest technologies
• Work on cool projects driving fresh Honeywell Connected Aircraft initiatives
• Work in multinational team and company – best way to improve your English by using it daily!
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Opportunity to cooperate on development of latest aerospace products and technologies
• Opportunity to get a private pilot license
• Opportunity to build your career with global company
Would you like to know more?
Aero SBG: http://aerospace.honeywell.com/
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.