Engineer II – Should Cost Mechanical
Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS) dynamically expands its activities in research and development (R&D) centre in Brno, Czech Republic. Established in 2003, this is the largest R&D centre in Europe for Honeywell. Our engineers and scientists develop products and technologies that are linked to our business units: Aerospace, Automation and Controls Solutions and Transportation Systems.
DELIVER BUSINESS VALUE THROUGH RIGHT AND FAST PARTNERSHIP
This position is a part of Aerospace group, the world's leading supplier of avionics systems, products and services for commercial and business aircraft as well as for defense and space applications.
In this role, you will get a chance to work with global teams having expertise in Aerospace products and its manufacturing, understand macroeconomics of different regions, work towards developing Honeywell intelligence on various cost parameters and its impact on product cost and provide analytical solutions utilizing manufacturing knowledge to improve organization operating margins.
This is an exciting opportunity to work through and expand the horizon of technical expertise across Aerospace products and relevant technologies.
Major responsibilities include:
• Performing Should Cost estimation for Aerospace parts and assemblies
• Negotiation with suppliers to get right price for Honeywell
• Should Cost tools and database development
Do you have following experience and skills?
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Production/Industrial Engineering
• Relevant manufacturing experience
• Aerospace industry experience is helpful.
We also value:
• Hands on experience in manufacturing and/or process planning in one or more manufacturing processes like Assembly, Sheet Metal fabrication and Machining
• Knowledge of special process like heat treatment, chemical processing and NDT
• Knowledge of Drawing Interpretation and GD&T
• If you are familiar with Aerospace materials and its properties
• Should cost experience and relevant tools knowledge like aPriori should cost software
• Familiar with UG NX modeling and drafting
• Project Management skills and experience
• If you have basic knowledge of finance and program management concepts and tools
If the answer is yes in most of the above, than you are the one we are looking for.
In Honeywell we give an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
What we can offer?
• You will work in multinational team and company – best way to improve your English by using it daily
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Expert leaders to support your professional development
• Dynamic and international work environment